The Legacy Racing Forum

Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Menu

Discussion

Pickle   Horse Rescue Updates

Started 2/18/09 by NewHorizons5; 9 views.
NewHorizons5

2/18/09

Hello Everyone!!  Here is an article featuring Pickle, the yearling colt with the facial deformity that New Horizons Equine Center and Horsemen For Humanity rescued from the OLEX auction in Kitchener, Ontario:

http://tuesdayshorse.wordpress.com/2009/02/17/rescue-me-new-horizons-equine-center-can/

Best, Claudette :)

Edited 2/18/2009 3:14 pm ET by NewHorizons5
  • Edited 2/18/2009 3:15 pm ET by NewHorizons5

2/18/09

Just read the article and it's great!  Pickles is a very lucky boy to be with you and he's adorable.

Lynne W

CherylJone2

2/18/09

That's a great article, and Pickles is adorable.

Is it just me or are we seeing more foals born with this anomoly here lately?

In reply toRe: msg 4
NewHorizons5

2/18/09

Thanks everyone!  Also, our new website.....I'm still working out the kinks and wanting to add more info, but this seems to be a pretty good start! 

www.newhorizonsequinecenter.com

Best, Claudette:

pepsmom1

2/18/09

What a wonderful story! Sweet Pickle! - no wonder he's so happy now.

Also loved the photo a little further on down of that "happy, happy horse taking a roll in the snow."

I love seeing photos of these beautiful animals, happy, content and secure in the fact that they are safe and they are loved. There is nothing greater.

Sally in Indy

NewHorizons5

2/18/09

The "happy, happy horse taking a roll" is named Whiter Than Snow...and let's just say when she was done rolling in all that snow, she completely disappeared!! LOL!!

FjordFan

2/18/09

That is very nice coverage. It speaks well for the good you do at your farm. Lucky Pickles.

Linda

NewHorizons5

2/18/09

Is there another foal on this forum that was born with the same deformity as Pickle?  I had never seen "Wry mouth" before taking Pickle and often wonder the same as you....is it happening more often?

kckellsbells

2/18/09

At Beauty's Haven in FL.  Her name is Aaleyah.