Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Overdose   Horse Racing

Started by lizinuk; 235527 views.
lizinuk

8/16/12

The 6-day declaration stage and we are down to 10 - they are falling like Agatha Christie characters:

http://www.racingpost.com/news/live.sd

KING GEORGE and Eclipse winner Nathaniel is among nine potential rivals to Frankel in the Juddmonte International at York following Thursday's confirmation stage.
lizinuk

8/16/12

Just watched the Camelot gallop. Aidan had two with him, Fame and Glory and the 3-year-old Chamonix. They went down to the mile and a quarter start. Camelot looked great, dropped in behind Fame and Glory with Chamonix leading.  He finished about 6 lengths ahead of Fame and Glory with Chamonix out the back. Aidan seemed pleased and said (I think) that Camelot had had a "nice day out".  It all looked very easy and he is still odds on for the St Leger.
whitney23187

8/16/12

was just coming to ask if you saw him---sure getting rave reviews.........what a spectacular horse he is..........

whitney23187

8/16/12

http://www.racingpost.com/news/horse-racing/picture-camelot-works-at-leopardstown/1094303/?utm_source=Racing+Post&utm_medium=twitter&utm_term=Horseracing&utm_content=Betting#newsArchiveTabs=last7DaysNews

Settled behind the pair, Camelot was eased into the lead two furlongs out and finished six lengths clear of Fame And Glory.

Camelot delights at Leopardstown

• Last Updated: August 16 2012, 17:27 BST

Triple Crown aspirant Camelot enjoyed a gallop before racing at Leopardstown ahead of his date with destiny in next month's Ladbrokes St Leger.

whitney23187

8/16/12

great pic of the wonderful Camelot(from this afternoon) here:

An almost unprecedented sense of anticipation is in the air as Camelot remains on course for his bid to become the 16th winner of the Triple Crown and the first since Nijinsky in 1970. The unbeaten son of Montjeu, who was last seen out when winning the Group 1 Irish Derby on June 30, was given a racecourse gallop at Leopardstown Thursday afternoon.
Jo (LoveYouB)

8/16/12

Beautiful!  Although I know the Triple Crown does not carry the same significance it does here, it would be something if he attains that legendary feat.
whitney23187

8/16/12

NEW pic........

Thank you to Adam White of Vinery Stud for more updated pics of the very cute Street Cry x Typhoon Tracy colt

whitney23187

8/16/12

oh just seeing this......i just remember him racing and the other day seeing that tweet/article i thought 'wow i keep hearing his name lately"  LOL...you were part of why........you should be excited about him......and did not realize or it did not sink in he is Alydar guy.........
whitney23187

8/16/12

just noticed Moody changed icon and it is that wonderful pic i had found and posted of Nelly and Tracy nuzzling........very cool..........edited to say they just tweeted another new pic of Tracy's baby..........

• Edited 8/16/2012 10:07 pm by whitney23187