Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussion

URGENT CONTACT THE GOVERNOR OF MONTANA   Anti Slaughter Issues

Started by VABarb; 1875 views.
AutumnSmoke

3/17/09

So now it's on to a full senate vote, yes?

Thanks to everyone, especially Paula Bacon for giving it a huge effort. No slight intended on anyone else. Thanks all around.

VABarb

3/17/09

What was the vote?  If they have enough votes to overturn a veto, we're sunk.
really920

3/17/09

On to the senate for a full vote.  When? I don't know.
really920

3/17/09

Has to go to the senate for a full vote.
tstockam

3/17/09

I'm late to the party....Just clicked on.  Please tell me I didn't hear you say that it passed? Somehow was hoping for a miracle...

Tamme

really920

3/17/09

It would have been a miracle to fail the AG committee LOL but I was still hoping...

VABarb

3/17/09

Yes, that will be Thursday or Friday.

But at this stage, it's super important to watch the breakdown in votes.  We need a few dem's voting yes so that they can flip party lines if it comes down to a veto.

We're dead even 50/50 split in Montana.  Because the Governor is a dem, it shifts to the dems.  Most will side with the Governor if he vetoes (even if they voted yes during committee).

In the Senate Ag breakdown, it looks like we have one dem. who voted yes (Ken Hansen).  There will be more news about this in the coming days, but Brad Hamlett is the one to watch.  Any calls to him should be immensely appreciative and supportive.

AGH.  Now I need a lot of green beer.  Thankfully I have a beer stein hat in which to do it.

tstockam

3/17/09

LOL...I know but we gotta have hope.

Arkansas's SCR 11 was scheduled today but saw no activity. It's rescheduled for Thurs. I'm off to update that thread.  Thanks Lucille.....

Tamme

3/17/09

Hi MJ:

I have had so many articles fly by me the past week, and I
do recall the one you mentioned from Burns.

Do you have a link for me to find it somewhere.?

It could take me days to find it again.

I would appreciate it.!!