MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Menu

Discussion

An FOB mare named Velvet in KS   Horse Rescue Updates

Started 4/14/09 by Guest; 6 views.

4/14/09

Hello everyone...

I spent time yesterday at Rainbow Meadows Equine Rescue, Inc., in Sedan, Ks (way south almost to the Oklahoma border.)  It was a windy, cold but beautiful day as we rode through the beautiful pastures dotted with horses .  Some formed their own little herds...others seemed to prefer the company of no one. 

Rainbow Meadows is at the basin of the famed Flint Hills.  Suddenly, the most beautiful horse emerged up on a ridge.  Karen Everhart, director of the rescue, said, "that's Velvet...the FOBs saved her."

Velvet came trotting toward us.  She is a stunning mare.  She also exudes complete contentment grazing the green pastures that she considers her home. 

I didn't have my camera (I'm so mad at myself over that.)  But, I will be going back again in a few months and I promise to bring you glorious photos of a glorious horse.

Karen asked me if I would post this to you.  It is the first time I have actually initiated a thread...I'm so happy that it is about triumph rather than tragedy.

I hope this makes some of you smile!

Picture provided by Karen Everhart.  Enjoy!

Thank you, FOB Team Velvet, for my life.  I am a happy girl!

Love,  Velvet

VelvetRainbowMeadows.jpg Velvet picture by donegalranch

Jeanne

I am Clever Allemont.  I am a champion racing thoroughbred.   I was saved from a killer lot at age 26 (my owner took me there).  I am proof that there can be beauty from pain!

webstillhandsom.jpg image by donegalranchCARacingPhoto.jpg Allers racing photo image by donegalranchwebzzzz.jpg image by donegalranch

To Clever Allemont who gives us friendship, love and HOPE.  We will always love you!

• Edited 4/15/2009 10:04 pm by Donegal7
Msg 2 of 17 to GuestGuest 
In reply toRe: msg 1
Dixie1711

4/14/09

We will be looking forward to pictures next time you go!

BUMP

Dixie & Co.

Msg 3 of 17 to GuestGuest 
Ruffian26

4/14/09

Thank you so much! As a Proud Member of Team Velvet, I love to see pics of our beautiful girl! Melissa K.

4/14/09

Ok...I'll ask Karen to take me some (by popular demand).  I'm just so mad I didn't have my camera...I could have got some sensational shots!

In case you are interested, the Rainbow Meadows website is at

www.rainbowmeadowsranch.com

Msg 5 of 17 to GuestGuest 
In reply toRe: msg 4
Ruffian26

4/14/09

Yes, the Rainbow Meadows website is great---Team Velvet is sponsoring Velvet there in retirement so she is "home sweet home forever"...a very happy ending for this beautiful girl.
Msg 6 of 17 to GuestGuest 
In reply toRe: msg 4
kckellsbells

4/15/09

I remember Velvet.  What a beauty!
Barb AZ (bkbeck51)

4/15/09

Proud Mama! We are proud of all of you for supporting beautiful Velvet!
Msg 9 of 17 to GuestGuest 
LAM232

4/15/09

As a member of Team Velvet, I am glad Velvet is doing so well.....God love her.

Linda

4/15/09

Photo posted!

• Edited 4/15/2009 10:05 pm by Donegal7