MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussion

Rachel Alexandra and Mine That Bird   Horse Racing

Started by alexbrown4; 167 views.
alexbrown4
Staff

5/18/09

who is more popular, currently Rachel Alexandra leads Mine That Bird 1076 to 839.

http://alexbrownracing.com/wiki/index.php/Rachel_Alexandra

http://alexbrownracing.com/wiki/index.php/Mine_That_Bird

cheers, alex

My vote goes to the underdog ... Mine That Bird!  The little horse that could!

Dawn

5/18/09

I like them both but the little gelding has wormed his way into my heart.

5/18/09

I also cast my vote for:  Mine that Bird !!

Rachel is gorgeous and talented - Mine that Bird's  story "speaks to me !!"  I continue to "picture" his connections sharing the roses with Barbaro's Fans ! 

Sherry - Arizona

sylversky47

5/18/09

THE BIRD IS THE WORD!
SlewReigns

5/18/09

All I can say is, Rachel should be glad Mine That Bird is a Gelding, otherwise this battle of the sex's could of ended up in the breeding shed one day.  16.2 hands vs. 15.3 hands, and the Bird wouldn't be packing roses.  LOL

Oh Yea,  I loved the Bird's come from behind run in both these races.

5/18/09

Mine That Bird the gutsy little horse that flattens out and skims over the dirt, and has the heart that has stolen mine.

I have bittersweet feelings for RA.  Although a great filly, deserving of her win-- the fact that she was purchased for multi millions, and money bought her way into the race, when she wasn't nominated, makes me feel like she is a spoiler for what could have been.  Sorry, RA fans, that's just my feeling.  I feel cheated by the fact, that big money talks, and big money walks away with the win.  I feel that RA is a bit tarnished now by that, at least in my own mind.  The fairytale story of Mine That Bird appeals to me more so than the millions spent to buy fame.  The fact that hard work, grit, and determination has been trumped by easy spending also detracts from the sporting aspect.  I guess they don't call it "The Sport of Kings" for nuthin!!!

5/18/09

I'm a big fan of both of them, but I have to cast my vote for Mine That Bird, for the same reasons that others have stated.  I love this gutsy little gelding, and his underdog status makes him all the more appealing. 
DeborahM23

5/18/09

I love them both but Mine That Bird has really impressed me with his tenacity.  Love those come from behind runs.  

Msg 10 of 105 to GuestGuest 
In reply toRe: msg 7
rarc08

5/18/09

I agree, I love them both, but MTB was the one I was talking about. If he wins Belmont, that would be awesome. Imagine if he won on Saturday,we may of had a triple crown winner. But you can't blame RA.