MaryLOhio

The Legacy Racing Forum

Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussion

Friends of Tierra Madre   Horse Rescue Issues

Started by tierramadre; 34470 views. (Closed)(Closed to new replies)
tierramadre

8/22/10

I'm afraid I'm going to have to start looking for homes for most of my kids.

That's where things stand right now.

ladyadler1

8/22/10

Jim, There aren't any homes out there. At least none I can find. I put my 3 yr old reg. well bred HAHA filly out for a free placement. Not a single response was acceptable. Only people looking to flip her. Not one was interested when I said that I would need to do a site check and I would be withholding reg papers for a year to make sure that the new home worked out.

I made the tough decision last week to give up my car. That $400 car payment will feed my horses and we still have my husbands 05 Dodge Diesel to haul my horse trailer. Giving up my car though was a huge thing for me as it meant giving up some of my independence, you see, I have to "ask" Sam if I can drive his truck. Ugh!!

It will be a tough adjustment, but it was a no brainer to me. My car or feed my horses this winter. Eventually I will get through this rough patch. I will pray that you can too.

Carol

3quarter1

8/22/10

i think we need to learn how to drive, get buggies and train one of our kids to pull it. then we would still have our own transportation. we might not go far but we would still be able to go.
melody1963

8/22/10

Sorry i didnt post sooner but took a day off yesterday. My Friday was pretty good. Yesterday was for the most part good. Took my dog Shadow to the vet as he was having troubles going to the bathroom and after an examination it was determined he has weak muscles back there as most intact males tend to get so he has to be nuetured. Surgery is the 31st as thats the fastest they could do it. Nothing to worry about as they gave him some antibiotics and some other pill to take to help him along until then. He wasnt to happy with them shaving his butt though LOL.

Melody

melody1963

8/22/10

That is one cute Puppy, Congrats to all!

Melody

ladyadler1

8/22/10

Not a bad idea. If we could bring buggy or cart travel back into style then more horses would have jobs to do. I only live about 4 miles from the grocery store. It would be a nice little ride to go to the store and back a couple of times a week in a cart or buggy. (If only I could find a buggy that I could afford.)

Carol

3quarter1

8/22/10

buggy travel at least for short trips sounds fun to me. maybe someone would trade me something for driving lessons. how expensive are harness and buggies, plain ones not fancy?
beverly25410

8/22/10

When I was a child we had a buggy with wooden shafts for One horse.   It was fun but the shafts were always braking and we would end up riding the horse and trying to pull the buggy with a rope and pushing it from behind.
ladyadler1

8/22/10

I have never priced a buggy, but I would love to have one.

Carol