MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Menu

Discussion

Update on FOB save Diablo(CBER Vermont)    Horse Rescue Updates

Started 9/11/09 by pnp4kidz; 8 views.
pnp4kidz

9/11/09

Long time overdue is an update on a FOB save from geeze, two years ago?

This gelding was on the CBER lot, as Vermont. He had a HUGE softball sized proudflesh on his right hind fetlock and was lame. He had that cut back while in QT, and came to use with it growing back rapidly... and lame.

He was rehabbed and the wound was healed, but he took over a year to progressively come sound... but he has. My daughter is showing him in gymkhana and telling the tale of a slaughter-bound horse who is a gentle giant now.

Diablo (we live at the base of Mt Diablo, and my daughter thought he was big as a mountain... there is NOTHING devilish about him!) is a wonderful ambassador for the slaughter saves. He had his picture taken recently with the writer of the Phantom Stallion series, Terri Farley, posted on her blog, with my daughter, when they were riding in a competition Battle of the Barns. My daughter was dressed in costume as the 'Evil Queen' on their team of Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs... Long black cape and all, full long purple dress/skirt... and Diablo did not bat an eye to run full out with all of that flapping in the breeze all day long...

oh, and they WON the Battle of the Barns that day  :-)

I am going to try attaching a pic of the boy, with his High Point Ribbon from this summer in one show, and my daughter who is so proud of him.

Thanks for saving this one FOBs!

Beth, from Founder Rehabilitation Ranch (wiki http://alexbrownracing.com/wiki/index.php/Founder_Rehabilitation_Ranch )

marygran

9/11/09

I remember him!!! I can't wait to see his pics and I'm so glad he's doing well.

Mary in MD

pnp4kidz

9/11/09

100_4456 http://inlinethumb39.webshots.com/36134/2618303150101004155S600x600Q85.jpg God grant me the serenity to take in as many horses as I can, the wisdom to convince myself that this is a good thing and the wherewithall to make it all happen." Author Unknown Founder Rehab Ranch
  • Edited 9/11/2009 2:41 pm by pnp4kidz
really920

9/11/09

BeaUtiful : )
kckellsbells

9/11/09

Wonderful update!

marygran

9/11/09

What great pics!

Mary in MD

majxmom

9/11/09

How about an update on Hobbs/Sundance?  How's that wonderful boy doing?
pnp4kidz

9/11/09

LOL... HiJack! But that's ok.

Sundance is doing GREAT... fat... happy... fat... did I say fat???

he is ready for training, so as soon as we can scrounge up funds..... he will learn to carry a rider, and pull something along... :-) 

Til then, his life consists of eating.. playing... scratching his tummy on watertroughs... LOL! I got this cute pic this week of him using an empty trough to scratch...

Ahhhhh, just the right height for a shorty... fatty... did I say he was FAT???

000_0143

000_0144.mov
majxmom

9/11/09

Wow, look how grown up!  Sorry for the hijack...*blush*