Menu

Discussion

Comments on ABR board?   General: Non-horse

Started by Guest; 222 views.
In reply toRe: msg 5
alexbrown4
Staff

10/7/09

comments on the main site will be closed for a while.  we are overwhelmed with spam, adding any spam software will also require an upgrade to the blog site which I am not prepared to undertake.  i know this creates a problem for some, but we have tried hard enough and long enough and it is wearing us out.

cheers, alex

Lyngil10

10/7/09

Alex...that is what I thought...totally understand.

All Love
Padme A'Tea
www.asimplehealer.webs.com
www.whiterosejourneywoman.webs.com

really920

10/7/09

Alex how does the spam get onto the blog?  Just wondering.

Anyway why not do your morning updates on wordpress or something like that until you can get it worked out?

GingernHoney

10/7/09

Alex- Bummer about the comments but totally understandable. BTW, do you have a purple jersey yet or still sporting the green?! :)
Otherlyn

10/7/09

Dear Fren Alex,

Please pardon this intrusion. (I know you are very busy). I just wanted to say "Thank you," heart-to-heart, for everything.

I know that you are taking very good care of this precious site.

It is a great Blessing.

Blessings be YOURS, my Fren, for whatever deep immediate indulgence you have need of. (Only YOU will know what that is...)

Cheers!

Your FOB Fren, O

"Some Do Sparkle"

• Edited 10/7/2009 6:43 pm ET by Otherlyn
Ro1708

10/7/09

I haven't posted in comments in a while, but I read daily. Lately I have been wondering how much your patience would be stretched in dealing with the spam.

I'll keep doing my work for the horses.

MaryLOhio
Host

10/7/09

A lot of it is done by "bots", all a person has to do is see how to post a message to a blog and they can use/buy or create a spam bot and program it to do the posting.  

Alex can still do his posting but to stop the spammers, he has to shut off the comments to posting.  I only read what he posts, I have not read comments in a long time.

At least we still have the forum for people to post ;)

• Edited 10/7/2009 6:57 pm ET by MaryLOhio
MJ42903

10/7/09

I too read that site everyday but completely understand.

Thanks for everything.

• Edited 10/7/2009 7:57 pm ET by MJ42903

Alex - any ideas as to why this has become such a problem relatively recently? Is it just that the "bad guys" have far more sophisticated technology?

I remember in the (sometimes) bad old days when we were occasionally beset by trolls - at least we had some idea who they were and it was easy to get rid of them...

Msg 15 of 38 to GuestGuest 
In reply toRe: msg 10
murphsmo3

10/7/09

My thought on all the 'spam' on the front-porch...is the 'pro-folk'...and looks like they have scored a big one!  Too bad....