Menu

Discussion

*IT'S A bArbaro CHRISTMAS*   Horse Rescue Issues

Started by murphsmo3; 9 views.
murphsmo3

11/1/09

*It's a bArbaro CHRISTMAS*

This is the FIRST-EVER and we are HOPING it will grow and become a *TRADITION*

First off, we want this to be *FUN*! Fun for the horses, and dogs and cats and MOST of all…..FUN FOR YOLE!

We have been sure to include an OTTB Adoption Program, because after all, *BARBARO* was an AMAZING …’WOULD HAVE FOR SURE TAKEN THE TRIPLE CROWN IN 2006’ RACE HORSE. These programs do seem to be catching on at tracks across America now, and don’t we hope someday, ALL tracks have such a program for ‘their’ horses! The horses give their ‘all’ and what a wonderful idea it is, to give them a new career and a forever home in return for their great efforts. A new LIFE and not shipping off to MX or Canada.

The following are the *8* Nominated  Rescues for 2009

1. SAVING HORSES, INC.

8840 Hunter Pass

Alpine, CA 91901

www.savinghorsesinc.com

Audrey@savinghorsesinc.com

####

2. PROJECT SAGE

63 So. Waldinger Street

Valley Stream, NY 11580

www.projectsagehorserescue.org

Brittany Rostron - Owner/Operator

Sportie1030@aol.com

####

3. PEACE LOVE & ANIMALS - Dog Rescue (have rescued many dogs from  Athens Dog Pound in Athens, AL)  May have kitties sometime.

19135 Nuclear Plant Road 

Tanner, AL 35671-3719

www.abetterlife.bbnow.org

Lindsay Stower - President

lindsaystower@yahoo.com   (256) 961-0594 

BRAND NEW RESCUE - Here is a link to news article about them:

http://blog.al.com/limestone/2009/10/post.html

They are in DESPERATE NEED OF A Christmas Angel or a BUNCH of them, everyone! they need help with all the Vet bills, they are in major debt and until those bills are paid down...they cannot do anymore rescue...they need a new roof and concrete in the building they are trying to re-hab....These folks need some SRS HELP...ASAP!!!

####

4. FINGER LAKES THOROUGHBRED ADOPTION PROGRAM (FLTAP,INC)

PO Box 25043

Farmington, NY 14425

Physical Address: 5757 Rt. 96 - Farmington, NY 14425

www.fingerlakestap.org

####

5. MID-AMERICA HORSE RESCUE

3823 Stringtown Road

Fults, IL 62244

Margo Sutter - President

www.mahrnfp.org

####

6. HACIENDA de Los MILAGROS

3731 North Road One West

Chino Valley, AZ 86323

www.haciendadelosmilagros.org

Wynne@hdlmsanctuary.org

####

7. HABITAT FOR HORSES

PO Box 213

Hitchcock TX 77563

www.habitatforhorses.org

1.866.HFH-LSER (434-5737)

####

8. SECOND CHANCE RANCH - EQUINE RESCUE

PO Box 452

East Longmeadow, MA 01028

www.scrrescue.org

SCREquinerescue@yahoo.com (Amy)

(413) 525-4666

Contact information is listed for all the rescues. Explore the websites. Pick one, pick two, pick them ALL, it’s up to YOUJ

Some ideas we came up with include:

If you live close by, volunteer! They ALL always need volunteer help and it’s a great way to spend some ‘horsey time’, too!

Check out their ‘wish lists’ or call and talk to them re: what they maybe can use the most.

Homemade cookies, candies, ‘goodies’ in general…for the ‘hoomans’ and boxes of apples or CARITSJ surely would be fun to bring or send along…maybe some bags of peppermints, too.

Get names of horses, dogs, cats and send them each an inexpensive card, perhaps you can enclose a dollar bill or more in the cards, too.

Call a local feed store and have some hay or senior feed delivered. Ask the rescue first to see which brands/types they prefer for their animals. Perhaps toys can be sent along to the dog/cat rescue.

Pretty much ANYTHING, Famblee, which comes to your mind…what tickles your fancy and bring you a smile we think it’s safe to say, it would bring those same feelings to the rescuers, too.

Let your imaginations go *WILD*, Famblee! Have FUN with this effort.

We’d like to try, as best as we can, to keep track of your efforts, so if you can please post here, or if you’d rather be ‘quiet’ about what you’ve done email Nancy Goss, Joan Roya or myself to let us know.

If you’d could write a little ‘report’ here on this Thread letting us all know how your visit/s went and gifts were received, i.e., the reactions and share a bit of the time you spent either physically at the rescue or while on the phone or via email that would be so fun to read.

Please be sure in some way to indicate ‘FOB’ with your donations, so they all know this effort is *BARBARO-DRIVEN* and it’s yet another way we are furthering his Legacy.

HAVE FUNNNNN, FAMBLEE….Spread the word FAR/WIDE and let’s see what we can accomplish on behalf of our *BBH* Wheeeeeeeeeeee!!! Gosh this is going to be just GREAT/GRAND/WONDERFUL!

• Edited 12/14/2009 10:23 pm ET by murphsmo3

11/1/09

BRAVO for BARBARO's famblee !

I have been anxiously a-waiting details - yippee skippee - this sounds like a fun, "out of the box" .................. opportunity to do something very good for many animals in need.  I LOVE that doggie rescue is included.

GOOD work, ladees !

AMIGO and his MOM

Msg 3 of 533 to GuestGuest 
In reply toRe: msg 2
murphsmo3

11/1/09

awww:) Thanks, Sherry, for you 'kudos'....we are SRSLY hoping this will be FUN for everyone, and the rescues will benefit and won't *bArbaro* be smiling sooooooo *BIG*:)

Have a GREAT time with this one, Sherry.....Let us know how it all goes for you, too!

In reply toRe: msg 3
JoanRoya

11/1/09

A BARBARO CHRISTMAS FAMBLEEEEEEEE!

we have almost 8 weeks to get goodies to these WONDERFUL 8 rescues....

and if you noticed....we have thoroughbreds, arabians, donkeys, burrors, mules, dogs, cats, puppies and kittens....

these rescues have it all FAMILY....AND THEY NEED IT ALL....

today is November 1st....can we help Santa come and see them and  bring them goodies because THEY ALL  HAVE BEEN VERY GOOD....

mary18175

11/1/09

Sounds wonderful, a Barbaro Christmas for the rescues !

I'm delighted to see this thread up and running - a great way to begin a new month! In the next day or two, I will copy the first post and email it to my entire FOB email list (400+) so hopefully we will drum up some interest among folks who seldom or never check out this discussion board.

I already know which rescue I'm "adopting" but I am hopeful (IF I can make up some of the work hours I lost due to a recent injury) that I will be able to help a second resuce as well!

murphsmo3

11/1/09

Hi:)

Thanks for the message of support...and we hope you might have some fun donating to one or more on this list.....

Economic times are hard on so many of us these days, and of course the rescues, too..so any little bit will help.

mary18175

11/1/09

I will definately send each rescue a Christmas card with a little gift in each one for Barbaro's Christmas, will add all the addresses on my Christmas card list, many thanks to all the rescues for saving lives..
murphsmo3

11/1/09

Mary....Thank You so much for supporting this....and not to 'harp' but pls remember to include FOB or Fans of Barbaro, so they know this is 'BARBARO DRIVEN'....we gotta be sure everyone benefiting from this effort knows that:) 

Barbaro's Legacy just keeps on keepin' on.....

mary18175

11/1/09

Will do! I hope the rescues get lots of FOB gifts for Christmas!