Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Get it together   Horse Rescue Issues

Started by 2manyhorses4; 1682 views.
Ponytale1976

11/21/09

Um......That was totally uncalled for. I have and will continue to rehabilitate horses in as bad as or if not worse shape then Mary's recent additions without spending THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS OF OTHERS MONEY. I spend thousands of dollars of my own money if need be and that was my point...you dont take on 4 horses with large monetary needs without having the ability to rehabilitate them on your own. That is In My Opinion NEGLECTFUL.

11/21/09

LOL.. It is called MAGIC ! And it has been around a lot longer than you have, I am sorry you think this way :(

And no you havent run me off yet. But after this comment I will no longer aknowledge you are even here as THIS is the type of posts that creates just the things others have been trying to avoid.

God Bless you in your endevors !!!

Horse not acting right.

http://forums.prospero.com/n/mb/message.asp?webtag=alexbrown&msg=42995.55

2manyhorses4

11/21/09

I meant this to ALL, don't know how to do that? And so the drama continues...on a thread that was started because of THIS VERY ISSUE! That's another problem here, you have to read each thread cause it usually isn't just about the horse/issue in the subject line. There are other threads about Mary and her horses, how about posting there instead so folks can find the ALL the pertinent info in one place? I guess this thread has not gotten the message across that I was trying to convey. Just remember, or every finger pointed, four fingers point back at yourself.
  • Edited 11/21/2009 6:19 pm ET by 2manyhorses4
Msg 29 of 193 to GuestGuest 
In reply toRe: msg 24
Ponytale1976

11/21/09

I never said I was....do you see somewhere where I did? I said it aggravates me to see that....I am entitled to an opinion last I checked this was America.

Why don't you look long and hard in a mirror....you are doing to me EXACTLY what you are accusing me of doing...only you go a step further and accuse me of doing (whatever) because I am a member of a board that you THINK is creating trouble.

Why don't you tell me who I "beat the crap out of"?

11/21/09

Runawaychd,
I have to second your statement. In addition to that, however, while researching Christian rescues for whom to donate, I found several ads on at least 2 different places, maybe more,  repeating that they would take in horses and that they were dependent on sales and donations given to them.
Since those were the key words, I chose not to donate because there isn't any protection in place for the horses, and from the sounds of it people would be donating to help them fatten the horses up and resell for their own personal gain.
There are some great rescues in place with people who are in it to ensure the  future protection of the horses in their care.
Is it just me or does anyone else understand why a link to "workplace bullying" was placed on this thread? The workplace is protected by stae and federal laws and has nothing to do with an internet forum where someone is trying to solicit donations, am I correct?
In reply toRe: msg 30
Ponytale1976

11/21/09

Once again I am not entitled to an opinion without being accused of who knows what so I will repsectfully withdraw from this thread in order for it to stay on track which I THOUGHT my original post was doing until I found myself under a bus looking at the undercarraige.

11/21/09

"This is an example of a rescue starting a thread that managed to put off potential donors....there are plenty of other examples of other rescues scr*wing themselves with future donors on plenty of other threads.  I find it sad that grown people trying to do a great thing for horses can't conduct themselves in a more professional manner."

Do you recall your very first post in this thread, rnawaychd?  Here it is, so you don't need to hunt for it:

"...As a donor, not a rescue, I also have to point out that lately some rescues seem to be too busy getting their snarky, thinly veiled insults in or stirring the pot to realize that their attitude is being noted by those they ask for funds from.  As a donor, I may be drawn into the heart-tugging threads, but my money goes to those that represent themselves in a classy, responsible manner, and seem to be working hard for the horses instead of demeaning others or trying to make others look bad over ridiculous things.  Those that attempt to twist words or don't seem to bother to read responses before firing another round are only hurting themselves in the long haul....and don't all the rescues say that's what they are in for?

So...you are saying:

In paragraph #1: "I, a donor, possess the right to openly judge and criticize rescues because I have money (and therefore power)."

But...in paragraph 2:

"I find it unacceptable to support a rescue which shows that very behavior."

You make absolutely no sense to me.  

The purpose of donating is not for control.  It does not elevate you.  The purpose is to help the rescue help the animal.  Donating is not the means by which we cloak our hidden needs for power or control.  That is abuse.  And we are attempting to achieve an end to abuse.  We are not trying to shift it to another target, i.e., a human.  We are attempting to alleviate or eliminate it. 

11/21/09

Ponytale--
You work with horses has been noted with some awe. You have posted some pictures of beautiful horses and I did not currently have 5 mouths to feed I would be tempted to consider another!
In reply toRe: msg 30
MargieM17

11/21/09

I think all of us could try to be more civil to each other. This infighting is harmful to this forum and to the horses it helps.

Laurie has her opinion. I have mine. You have yours. And most of the time we will agree about some basic things. But few of us will agree on every specific thing.

Mary asked for help. Each of us could decide whether to help or not. But making mean comments about anyone is unacceptable. Accusing people of "neglect" or "snobbishness" is not appropriate.

In Mary's case, I think the lack of an adoption contract was a major problem for many people. It was for me. But I did not try to inhibit others or influence them in regard to helping her. I even tried to keep the thread going so others could make up their own minds.

RESPECT for other people and their different opinions is needed. In fact it is desperately needed on this forum lately.

Margie

• Edited 11/21/2009 6:42 pm ET by MargieM17