The Legacy Racing Forum

Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Menu

Discussion

Surprise!, Lentenor to race at Churchill   Barbaro and Family

Started by Greg J. (Wookster8); 583 views.
Greg J. (Wookster8)

11/25/09

FYI,

OK, Everyone back off the floor, lol...

Look at that, 1 1/8 Miles on the TURF...

Brilliant!!!!!

BTW, The weather forecast is great, Sunny and a high of 56 degrees...

Lentenor is entered to run on November 28, 2009 at CHURCHILL DOWNS.

Your comments for this horse were: BARBAROS LITTLE BROTHER

Race: 12  Distance: One And One Eighth Miles  Surface: Turf  Age: 2  – Colt
Race Type: Maiden Special Weight Purse: $ 46,000
Jockey: Corey J. Lanerie
Trainer: Michael R. Matz
Race conditions: FOR MAIDENS, TWO YEARS OLD. Weight, 118 lbs. (Preference To Horses That Have Not Started For Less Than $40,000). (If deemed inadvisable by management to run this race over the turf course, it will be run on the main track at One and One Eighth mile.).
Last Raced: 10/31/2009 at KEENELAND in Race 5
Finish Position: 3rd

Here is the Field and the Morning Line Odds:

Big Shot being the top choice at 7/2, He has raced three times, With a a second place behind highly regarded Becky's Kitten... 

Lonesome Street has also had three starts with 1 second and 1 third, His second place came at Churchill... 

Lentenor is the third choice at 4/1, Which is about right, With only one race and placing third, Even though I believe he will break his Maiden with a good trip!... 

Bascom Hall, being the 4th choice at 5/1(He is an AE), He has raced two times with a second at Churchill...

Let's Do It, The 5th choice at 6/1, Has raced three times with one second...

Outlaw Man,  At 8/1, He has only one race behind him, In August at Saratoga, He placed 5th(Winslow Homer Won!)...

Coffee Break(AE), At 8/1, Has raced 3 times, His last race at Churchill, placed 4th...

Dual Forecast(AE), At 8/1, Has had 5 races, two thirds, His last race was at Churchill, Where he was 4th...

Slammy Boy, At 12/1, Has raced once at Churchill, Placed 5th...

Doubles Partner, At 12/1, Has raced 3 times with one third place...

Big Shake, At 15/1, Has had 2 starts, His last race was at Churchill, He was 8th...

Lunar Tide, At 15/1, Has had 2 starts, His last start was in Lentenor's Race, He placed 6th...

Got that Itch, At 20/1, Has had only one start, It was on Nov. 14th at Churchill, He placed 8th, He had to swerve to pass Raincatcher(Who was second in Lentenor's Race, Sadly, During this race, He was Vanned off and He didn't make it, R.I.P. Raincatcher...)

Graysonia, At 20/1, Has raced only once, At Saratoga, He was last in a field of 9...

Screen Play, At 30/1, Has raced twice, He last raced on 11-18 at Churchill, He was last in a field of nine...

Van Goal, At 30/1, Has had only one race at Ellis Park in July, He placed 6th...

So, In Summary, This field in alot better then Lentenor's first race, Alot more experienced colt's, Remember, In Lentenor's first race, Only two colt's had experience!!!, Every colt in this field has been on the track before...

• Edited 11/26/2009 8:57 am ET by Greg J. (Wookster8)
magge514

11/25/09

Omg thank you!  im sooo excited. I guess he didnt ship to fla>??!   Go Lentenor! Geralyn
wit3333

11/25/09

So exciting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lenny Boy will do just fine. WOW Churchhill Downs. GULP!!!!

Kath

pepsmom1

11/25/09

OMG! OMG! We already were planning to be there for the final day of the fall meet - "Stars of Tomorrow" Day!

OMG! We're going to see Lentenor race!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sally in Indy

KathyF49

11/25/09

you lucky dog!!
hatchery1

11/25/09

Oh, my gosh! This is so exciting!  I wonder what time Lentenor is racing. 

Tricia K.

pepsmom1

11/25/09

I know!!!! Can you believe this?????

Sally in Indy

meltedpat

11/25/09

A mile and 1/8th and it's on the turf, too.  He should like that :)