Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Banning, bickering, and being run off...   Horse Rescue Issues

Started by TooMuchMint; 1880 views.
Ponytale1976

11/29/09

Just about everyone of our rescues has a lengthy story behind it. We try to take in VERY needy rehabs only. After working as a vet tech, and because I keep the rescues here limited to 6 at any one time I feel I have the time and knowledge to take the ones that may be too much for others to take.
MMM2009

11/29/09

her little skinny neck :(  OH MY - and NOW - just look at her - BEAUTIFUL!!!!  You rock!
Ponytale1976

11/29/09

Yes Karin and I brushed it till 2 AM or some ridiculous time like that.
MMM2009

11/29/09

HOLY COW !!!!  Thank you for letting me know what I was seeing - now go do your homework!!! :)
MMM2009

11/29/09

You have my undying respect :)  Bless you......
In reply toRe: msg 24
FjordFan

11/29/09

I'm finding myself wanting to ask each poster what happened to the horse to cause it's condition.  Perhaps we can add a link to the original thread for folks to go read or maybe include a short description if a horse has an injury, for example. 

This thread is a great idea.  It is positive and encouraging.
Linda - TX

Doc - 24-yo Belgian gelding farm horse      

Bright Futures Farm/Frog Pond Farm placement, released by an elderly couple in December 2008

BEFORE      Dec.  2008   Newherd032-1.jpg Doc - Dec. 2008 picture by publicalbum_01
AFTER        July 2009

6-18-09002.jpg Doc picture by publicalbum_01

11/29/09

It's so hard to believe that was an actual tail! The neglect to get that way....  :o(

I remember the stallion save now. Apache was beat up on by the other(s), right? He's healed perfectly. You can't even tell he had those horrible wounds.

Cindy

MMM2009

11/29/09

I shudder to think the total poundage he was underweight - bravo!  and bless you!

11/29/09

Even as underweight as he was, he never lost that gentle face, did he?  He looks so good now. Almost not the same horse!

Cindy

11/29/09

I got a dapple grey when I was still in high school (reeaallly long time ago!). Whenever I look at the before and after pics of him, it's amazing. In my youth I was not able to see just how underweight he was when I brought him home. All I saw was his kindness and beautiful color. Thank goodness I saw that. Never know how he would have ended up without good food and a little bit of love. Okay, LOTS of teenage girl-type love!  LOL  Dapple greys are one of my favorite colors.

This grey girl you saved really shines. She's definitely happy. You can see it in her face.

Cindy