POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Fugly Blog today Bravo slaughterhouse   Horse Rescue Issues

Started by ocfkay; 886 views.
Msg 44238.12 deleted
In reply toRe: msg 12
dm0827

1/4/10

This is extremely upsetting.. I live in NJ.. I want to keep this thread bumped up..what can be done to stop these people? is their slaughterhouse legal? Can the SPCA or whatever, organization-be called in to seize these horses?? What can be done??

1/4/10

I was kidding! Didn't you notice my winking smiley?

Also, There are over 100 Merolas with listed landlines in the phone book for NJ. So, it is a pretty common name here.

TTEAMeventer

1/4/10

Just heard from a friend that Frank Carper (Camelot) and Merola are cousins and Frank sends horses unfit for auction or shipping to Bravo/Merola.

Sick.

Jan

1/4/10

Not sure about the cousin part but the other part I believe is correct.
.Any owner or trainer stabled at a NYRA-operated track found to have directly or indirectly sold a horse for slaughter will have his or her stalls permanently revoked from all NYRA tracks.
  • Edited 1/4/2010 11:25 am ET by helsmar75
KathyElm

1/4/10

OMG....

Wait....if they are unfit for the sale...they MUST be unfit for the zoos to feed to their expensive cats.....

I wonder if they knw that the horsemeat is coming from horses that are unfit to go thru sales? Hmmm

gahorsenut

1/4/10

Regardless if someone is starving horses then it is animal cruelty and should be charged as such. As far as it being illegal or legal, I heard that there are still slaughter houses that slaughter horses but only for zoos or exotic animals. So it appears to be legal if they are ONLY selling for that reason. Either way it sucks! Seeing that video made me sick I was in tears at the end when she found out that he wouldn't sell her anymore horses.
I think that the humane society of the united states should be contacted regarding the starving, that is uncalled for. They are strong advocates against slaughtering horses. I will drop them an email and hope everyone else does the same. The more the better you know.

By the way I too hope he suffered a long painful ending, because he deserved it. He was evil and the horses are innocent. Bless them all.

1/4/10

I think by unfit for sale what is meant is limping lame. Like a broken ankle or something of that nature. A horse who could not make the trip to canada or mexico.

Very sad.

Msg 20 of 94 to GuestGuest 
In reply toRe: msg 19
KathyElm

1/4/10

While it's obvious thsat this has been going on for years, and it seems like a cover up aactually....I was hoping that if the horses were diseased we could get the zoos to stop buying from them.....

However....I would think the same rules would apply about shipping a lame horse that applies everywhere else...

I wonder what happens to the by products, etc.

I am going to talk to my real estate agent....see what she knows about it. I am looking at a property in Salem and one in Newport NJ....

Msg 21 of 94 to GuestGuest 
In reply toRe: msg 19
Potsdam2

1/4/10

This is just terrible. So, it is legal to starve an animal to make its flesh suitably lean for zoo animals? This Bravo slaughterhouse is a legal operation?