Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

CAMELOT - MARCH 31   Horse Rescue Issues

Started by LIsaPost; 2696 views.
LIsaPost

4/1/10

**Please Note:    Helping Hearts attends the Camelot Sale every Weds. night, cataloging and photographing the horses purchased to the feed lot. Photos/descriptions of horses may be cross-posted via websites & email to facilitate pulling horses.   I do not give permission to post any of this info, in whole or in part including photos on Craig's List. Thank you for your help and support**

These horses are located at Camelot Auction House, 43 Brickyard Road, Cranbury, NJ.  Proprietor is Frank:  (609) 448-5225. 

If you wish to purchase one of these horses, please contact the Proprietor, Frank Carper directly, at the phone number listed above.   He will take a credit card over the telephone.  The prices listed are the prices the Proprietor paid.  To calculate the price YOU will pay - - Add $50 (proprietor's profit) to the sale price, Plus 7% NJ State Sales Tax if you are not a non-profit, Plus $20 for the Coggins. 

If you have questions regarding the process, please check out the FAQ page we have put togother to assist you -- http://www.nj-feedlot-horse-rescue.com/

IF YOU CALL OR GO TO LOOK AT THE HORSES, be polite to the proprietor.  We want to keep the lines of communication open.  He did NOT put these horses in their predicaments, their irresponsible owners did, he's cleaning up their messes.  He's a business man, if you purchase a horse from the Feed Lot, you will be paying meat price - he will get that price whether he gets it from you or via the slaughter pipeline.  Also, do not call just to "kick tires" or ask random questions - - call only if you are serious about pulling one of these horses to safety.

If you purchase a Feed Lot Horse -- Please plan your quarantine accordingly - check this website for info:

http://www.purplepowerracing.com/ppsheets/Sidebar%20for%20THP.htm

March 31, 2010 - - A "light" night - - 26 horses ran thru, 17 sold to the feed lot; One #1(resale), several extremely nice ones. . .scroll down.  TONS of baby-bunnies, had to buy the little white one that kept popping out of her box and running for her life!!

#924 -PREGNANT, HEAVY IN FOAL, BAGGING UP --  Bay mare w/ blaze, 16 hh.  refined head.  Either an untatooed TB or Appendix QH, no papers.  Led thru, no info on training, etc.  . . $425.00

#938 - GAITED Black & White Spotted Saddlehorse Gelding.  16 hh., 4 yrs old, Nervous in pen, but very nice under saddle, went to work, well behaved, 100% sound.  Elegant under tack . . . .$350.00

***#934 A Real Good Boy!! One of my personal picks - - 16.2 hh Chestnut QH Gelding, no white at all, Aged as a smooth-mouth.  Was thick/stocked up in fetlocks, extremely sweet, was 'giving kisses' in the pen.  Nice honest face, ridden thru, despite the thick legs, rode thru very  nice, nice trot, nice gaits, ver responsive to the rider .. . . a nice, sweet honest boy. . . $300.00

#959 - Sorrel/White Pinto Gelding.  White Face. 16.1 hh, 7 yrs., "anyone can ride", quiet, trail horse . . . $525.00

***#973 - Sweet, kind Belgian Gelding, needs at least 200 lbs, 16.3 hh, aged at 15/16 yrs., though missing a tooth up front.  Picked up feet for me.  Ridden thru w/halter & lead combo under western tack.  Be-bopped around like a champ, was being sold for board bill.  Guess when owner doesn't pay, horse doesn't eat- -- real nice. . . $300.00

***#974 - Don't want to write a book but just have to share:  So, when I get to this horse, woman is standing there and asks me if I'm the rescue, so I say "Yes". She says "this horse needs rescuing" and then she starts telling me about him.  So, I ask "Is he your horse?" and she says "Yes" -- that conversation just said it all--"Norbert" is a dark bay gelding, about 15.2 hh, Mom told me he was 13 and Frank announced him as a smooth-mouth.  Guessing he's probably late teens, needs about 200 lbs or more.  Was telling me he was a "Polish Warmblood", has a "21" branded on his right hindquarter and possibly a breed brand on left stifle -- too much hair to read.  The Story:  "someone gave horse to daughter about a year ago", didn't ask mom first, kid rode him, lost interest, so I guess Mom didn't make sure kid was feeding him.  They rode this little skinny late teens guy thru, he knows DRESSAGE -- skinny, w/ a hard-rider, he was leg-yielding his little heart out; bending around the inside leg so nice . . . . went for $135

#928 - Palomino QH mare w/white face, 15.2 hh, foaled 2000.   Double set of papers, Palomino Horse Assoc & AQHA.   Show Record western pleasure, was being sold sound, ridden thru western tack, looked around but was very quiet and well behave, nice gaits, nice lope. . . .$850.00

#919 -Unusual  Red Chestnut Haflinger mare, 14 hh, 4 yrs., Rode thru a bit green and nervous with a "strong" rider.  But took it all, just needs some patience and respect, will be a nice riding horse. . . $310.00

#922 - REGISTERED Haflinger Gelding, 14.2 -14.3 hh.  Foaled 2003.  Sweet, quiet, 100% sound, very attractive . . rides, drives, rode thru very nice, pretty, pretty, kind, nice horse .. .$650.00

#923 - Haflinger Mare, 14. hh, Sweet, 5 yrs., Ridden thru, very well-behaved, seemed very well broke.  Nice horse, attractive . . .$525.00

#920 - Hafl. Gelding, 2 yrs led thru, Said to be green-broke, quiet and well-behaved even with all the noise and chatter. .  .$225

#921 - Bay Mare w/star, 15 hh, 9/10 yrs., Sweet, refined build, needs some weight.  Ridden thru, head has a touch of Arab?  Rode very well, sliding stop, neck reined.  Nice Gaits.  Intermediate type . . . $250.00

#929 - Stout Pinto/Haffie mare. 14 hh, 4 yrs, Green or scared, started out fine, "strong" rider, lots of wacking and slapping w/ hand & rein and she stopped going forward.  Just needs some patience and work, will be a very nice riding horse, good attitude thru it all. . . $300.00

#927 - White/Chestnut Pinto Gelding.  16.1 hh, 8 yrs.,  Maryann's (LibertyEquine) daughter's fav of the night.  Stout, sweet boy, loved to get his "itchy spots" scratched, would do that cute little twisty face .. . Ridden thru, very pretty under saddle, elegant self-carriage, called a "handy horse" -- makes the rider look good. A real nice boy . . .$600.00

#926 -  Grey TB mare, 16 hh., foaled 2006 has papers, but no LipTatoo.  KY Bred - 4 yrs., Green broke,  Mare just didn't know what to do with the rider on her back. Just kind of stood there while he kicked and pulled and smacked her on the butt.  Needs an education & will be a very nice horse under saddle.  She's ready to train and have a career. . . $450.00

#932 - Bay Mare, 8 yrs., 16.1 hh.  Warmblood-TB Cross.  Solid warmblood legs and feet,needs some weight.  Ridden thru, said to go English, but ridden thru western for the first time. Rider was trying take english-style rein contact in a western curb-bit, so mare was high-headed.  Certainly didn't give the mare a fair shake.  A very nice horse back in the pens, good ground manners, nice to handle and stand with. . .$600.00

#931 - REGISTERED Liver Chestnut QH Gelding.  15.2 hh, Foaled 2007.  Registered Solid Paint.  Typical big-bodied QH conformation.  Was selling sound, 100%, nice gaits, a bit hot, so an intermediate level horse .. . $650.00

One #1 - Resale Horse

#925 - Bay/White Paint Mare, 15.2 hh, 10 yrs.--someone bit her in the left butt, bite marks, but fine. From CT, was selling 100% sound.  Nice under saddle, "Good Broke", Nice Lope, Well broke, very responsive, nice, quality horse . . . $1,000.00

IF YOU ARE NOT SURE OF DEALING WITH THE QUARANTINE OR UNCERTAINTIES OF PURCHASING A DIRECT FROM PEN HORSE, CONSIDER ADOPTING A HORSE FROM A RESCUE.  THEY HAVE BEEN QUARANTINED, HAVE BEEN HEALTH CHECKED AND EVALUATED AND EVEN TRAINED UNDER SADDLE. THAT OPENS A SPACE FOR THE RESCUE-ORG. TO SAVE ANOTHER.

Help Helping Hearts WIN funds to help care for our rescues.  In 2009 we won $2,000 thru the Animal Rescue Site Contests to help us care for our horses.  We want to be #1 in New Jersey again.

The Animal Rescue Site

The First Animal Rescue Site contest of 2010 has begun!  They will be holding three $100,000 Shelter+ Challenges in 2010:

VOTE FOR HELPING HEARTS EQUINE RESCUE by clicking on the icon at left and following the instructions to vote. 

THE ANIMAL RESCUE SITE CONTEST:
 PLEASE -  VOTE FOR US AT www.animalrescuesite.com
~Click on the lavender button- "Click here to Give, it's Free";
~on the next page click on the multi-colored button on the top right that says "Vote Today";
~ on the third page, follow the directions--type in Helping Hearts Equine Rescue and click on NJ for the State--When the vote button page comes up - - click to vote - -
~The last page is you have to type in what animal the photo is of.   Then Submit.
~it's easy once you get into the swing of things.
Remember, you have to vote for us daily, Once a day, every day.  If we finish 1st in New Jersey, we win $1,000 at the end of the contest. 

• Edited 4/1/2010 1:54 am ET by LIsaPost
Fancy1231

4/1/10

Any other picture of the spotted Saddlehorse? 
kasien

4/1/10

Wow, it's nice to see a smaller list tonight.  Two questions: why didn't Norbert's owner place him directly with a rescue, instead of taking him to an auction in the off chance he would be picked up by a rescue?

Second question: was the grey mare, 926, ridden or led through?

I hope someone can take in that poor mama that needs to have her baby! I wish I could, but we don't have the facilities.  Just when she should be "nesting," she's being shipped to an auction house.

MMM2009

4/1/10

Great job Lisa!  We're all set!
kasien

4/1/10

Yes, nice job, and many good photos, too.

4/1/10

maryann has two additional pictures of the spotted horse #938 on her facebook page. http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000567865356&ref=nf#!/photo.php?pid=156816&id=100000567865356&fbid=109371455758449
MMM2009

4/1/10

Thank Edie - she uploaded lisa's photos to the page and I added lisa's descriptions.

Fingers crossed for a smooth coordinated effort this week.  YIKES - I better get to bed :)

4/1/10

maryann took some nice pictures, too, in case you feel like doing more work. :-)
i am totally confused regarding which facebook page i am supposed to be looking at, every week there are like three more new sites!
Msg 9 of 143 to GuestGuest 
In reply toRe: msg 8
MMM2009

4/1/10

no - i'm going to bed - and I can't upload photos anyway to FB - for some reason

the new page this week was created to help the admins of the different facebook groups communicate in a central place - it's a temporary fix - until a webpage can be developed.

because it's a "page" folks joined :)

the normal pages and groups are posting the descriptions and photos as they normally do

sweet dreams

4/1/10

ok thank yous. sleep well!