Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussion

CVHR - Horses and Farm doings    Horse Rescue Updates

Started by CentralVARes; 936 views.
CentralVARes

10/22/10

I thought rather than starting a thread for each one of the horses, I would just add them all here.  It's been a busy week, my daughter and son in law have been here from Tacoma, WA.  They only get out once or twice a year so it was an event.  Lexi loves the horses so we spent a good deal of time out in the pasture or the barn. 

Ebony (#64 from 10/13 Camelot) 

Baby Huey.. not a Camelot horse but an owner surrender

Flash, Karma (#377) , Huey and Noggins (I don't remember his number off hand)

Noggins, Karma, Flash and Huey

The horses are pretty sure that the cameras ought to be edible (Karma, Huey and Lexi)

Serebyani

10/22/10

Oooo...

I think I'm in <3 LOVE <3!!!

Give Huey a kiss from me!!

In reply toRe: msg 1
CentralVARes

10/22/10

This is Frodo in the Mini Hut. He is not at all sure that he wants to be in with the pesky ponies but the big horses pick on him.

The pesky ponies are on dog patrol.  I didn't have the camera when they were CHASING the dog around the pasture.  The dog learned to stay close to humans for protection.

MMM2009

10/22/10

great pictures!!!
gerchgo

10/22/10

They all look great! I love Huey, is he a draft/appy cross? Thanks for taking them! :-)

Ger

CentralVARes

10/22/10

He is 1/2 Appaloosa and 1/2 Hanoverian, nice big floating trot...  just gorgeous!  He was a Nursemare foal so he has not had the nicest life in his 3 yrs. 
gerchgo

10/22/10

He's gorgeous! if only.................  :-)

Ger

In reply toRe: msg 8
CentralVARes

10/23/10

This is our picture that was in the local paper.  The reporter got the Mule portion correct but did left out the part that the 100,000 unwanted horses were in the US... not Brodnax. :)

Rosebud and Frodo, also taken at the Taste of Brunswick Festival.

If you look just under Rosebud's head on the fender of the trailer, there is a quid.  This is a roll of hay that Rosebud has chewed and then spit out like a big wad of gum. She has continuing issues with her teeth.  The dentist came out and floated her in February but I am going to have to have him come out again before winter sets in. 

This is why Senior horse often lose weight even though you are feeding them the same. 

kckellsbells

10/23/10

Love Rosebud's hat!