Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussion

First book signing ... incentives ?   Barbaro and Family

Started by alexbrown4; 1085 views.
GloriaIL

3/19/11

Terri, what a wonderful thing this is.  Your gesture has led me to want to match your offer for the book signings.  I just let Alex know, and this will mean together there may be at least $1000 for the causes, so that is another ongoing example of Barbaro's greatness inspiring goodness!

I have been pretty much absent from the board due to work demands and extended travel for the last several months, but I did see this and just wanted to say thanks and congrats.  And I am happy if I can help honor Barbaro, Alex, and the FOBs by sharing in a contribution to these worthy causes. 

I am pretty confident Alex will be a busy man, and our $1 per signings will hit the max.  :)   Thanks Terri, and everyone!

mkmg365 (st51kmg365)

3/19/11

Alex how about an incentive for those of us who bought the book but can't travel to you because of distance?

Maybe a small pic of you...Something we can tack onto the office poster board? And no darts to be thrown. Wristbands also work.

As a total aside--if we send the book back to you--prepaid of course can you get them to Mr & Mrs Jackson ( I guess the question is will they sign the book too), Dr R, and Michael. Or should we send along like 20 dollars for you to ship them around to people if aren't in the area anymore.

That could also work for a great incentive to bring people to sign the book. So many winners out of so many copies that day.

MJ42903

3/19/11

Hi!

We are all going to Old Friends for his book signing on april 30th. See you there

GloriaIL

3/19/11

Great, see you there!  I'm thinking I may need more than one copy.  :)  

MJ42903

3/19/11

Me too. Iam going to his signing at the Derby museum on Friday the 29 th
mkmg365 (st51kmg365)

3/19/11

Terri this is a wonderful thing you are doing. I don't mean to make light of it in any way whatsoever. Some of us live on the west coast and can't make it to any signings. Perhaps you can ask Alex how many books went places he won't be able to go to. And then add on our purchases to your amount. If nothing else--this for me would be a great incentive to buy the book--which I already did and now am awaiting UPS to bring it to my front door. I should also say I am growing a bit impatient with this whole idea of waiting...

Hay it was just an idea that I thought I'd toss out there.

I can hardly wait to get my copy. And I know that before long I'll have to order another because this copy will be so dogeared before long...

Gloria,

That is just wonderful! The Barbaro Effect continues....

Thank you for your generosity.

Terri

In reply toRe: msg 58
alexbrown4
Staff

3/20/11

looking forward to this first event (in a little over an hour.)

i have a Barbaro hat, signed by the Jacksons, which will be available by raffle.  $5 a ticket.  all proceeds to the Laminitis Fund at New Bolton Center.

cheers, alex

LuvBarbaro

3/20/11

If a copy of the book can be arranged for signing by Alex, the author, Dr Richardson, Michael Matz, and the Jacksons, I believe that it could be auctioned on Ebay for a substantial benefit for charity....
MJ42903

3/20/11

That is a bargain. Wish I could buy a ticket. Enjoy the event