MaryLOhio

The Legacy Racing Forum

Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Ponytales Rescue will be closing   Horse Rescue Issues

Started by Ponytale1976; 7686 views. (Closed)(Closed to new replies)
Ponytale1976

8/1/11

I do not choose to share my health concerns a public board, but Susan and Melissa, and obviously my husband are all aware of what is wrong. Its a life threatening health issue, not an illness and it has been getting worse and worse.

No I should not be horseback riding, at all, I shouldn't even be mucking stalls. I was doing ok riding over the winter getting the rescues schooled a bit and working with Stuart, but then it got to the point where I could not ride. I haven't ridden in ~ 3 months other than getting on Cosmo for a few minutes last week.

Motorcycle? I probably should not be on that either, but it was one of those things I always wanted to do before I die......so I did.

Ponytale1976

8/1/11

My family has 4 personal horses, I gave mine to my best friend a few weeks ago, the other two belong to my children, and I have not ridden either one of them in ~ 6 months. The 4th horse, belongs to my husband and is a yearling.

If the other 2 can find a home and the outstanding bills of the rescue can be paid then I would gladly close the rescue. I'd still have to figure out what to do with the horses under our contract, but I guess that's what my lawyer is for.

Again about my motorcycle, it's part of my "bucket list".....I'm going down the list. I won't be getting any better, I'm just hoping not to get worse.

In reply toRe: msg 341
Ponytale1976

8/1/11

Now maybe we can get back to the horses?

Donations are needed for the transition. I need to increase my hay and grain order significantly for this beautiful crew. If you would like to help the six horses we are transferring to Project Sage

donations can be sent via paypal to projectsagehorserescue@gmail.c​om

or mailed to

Brittany Rostron

63 South Waldinger St.

Valley Stream NY 11580

Thanks so much for your support!

hdnhlyfm

8/1/11

Donations are needed for the transition. I need to increase my hay and grain order significantly for this beautiful crew. If you would like to help the six horses we are transferring to Project Sage

donations can be sent via paypal to projectsagehorserescue@gmail.c​om

or mailed to

Brittany Rostron

63 South Waldinger St.

Valley Stream NY 11580

Thanks so much for your support!

A getting back to the horses bump!

~Deb

CarolynBK

8/1/11

I would be honored to help. I will send Project Sage $2000.
TrishT42

8/1/11

That is so kind and generous.
Ponytale1976

8/1/11

On behalf our horses, thank you, and I am sure Brittany thanks you as well.
PattyTx1

8/1/11

Carolyn, what can we say - you horse angel!!!  Thank you for being so generous and always being there to help.
ProjectSage

8/1/11

I thank you from the bottom of my heart Carolyn.

thank you

brenda