MaryLOhio

The Legacy Racing Forum

Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

In Memoriam   Horse Racing

Started 1/10/12 by Derby132; 532995 views.
gerchgo

5/16/21

Duh! Just home from work not reading right...

Amy (1pony)
Staff

5/18/21

Sad day at Spendthrift! Run free Malibu! 

gerchgo

5/18/21

Oh man, crap! Such a loss, he will be missed. My condolences to his connections and all who loved him. So glad I got to see him!

cigarello

5/18/21

Oh no, I am so sorry to see this horrible news: I was surprised to read that he was not pensioned at his age. He was such great stallion. Condolences to all who loved and cared for him.

Flurry84

5/18/21

Just got the Bloodhorse alert a little while ago and immediately came here.  What a great sire Malibu Moon has been for Spendthrift and associates during these years.  May he rest in peace.

Amy (1pony)
Staff

5/24/21

Gone too soon! Run Free Laoban 

Condolences to his connections.

gerchgo

5/24/21

RIP sweet boy, my condolences to his connections.

This article says there would be no further comment from Winstar, so they won’t say what happened??

https://www.thoroughbreddailynews.com/winstar-stallion-laoban-dies/

cigarello

5/24/21

The bad news just keeps comin ( on the heels of Malibu Moon)-- Laoban was so young ---- I guess they don't plan to tell us why he died- except that it was obviously unexpected. That is just so sad. 

Flurry84

5/24/21

What a shock this loss is.  It is always exciting when a stallion is relocated from another area to KY and we begin to anticipate what he will produce in the years ahead.  And now he is gone...  May he Rest in Peace.

Sympathy to all those who loved and cared for him.

Hope the corgis are doing well.

Amy (1pony)
Staff

5/24/21

The syndicate owners may want to keep the cause private, I am ok with that. Racing and breeding is under a huge microscope right now, no sense fueling flames.