MaryLOhio

The Legacy Racing Forum

Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

In Memoriam   Horse Racing

Started 1/10/12 by Derby132; 566544 views.
Derby132

1/24/12

Sorry to hear you lost your horse to cholic.  Just not fair that a horse can be at home in comfort and being cared for and still be struck with this.

lexcdwm

1/24/12

I am so sorry you lost your horse to colic. Just too sad for all lost to this :(
Meg'smom (MarianH6)

1/24/12

I'd like to add that Lasix strips a human body of Potassium and other electrolytes that support the heart's healthy functioning, what's to say it doesn't also do that to horses? 
gerchgo

1/26/12

RIP Bellacourt.... broke sesamoid in the fall, had several surgeries, but developed the hated laminitis...freely beautiful girl....... :(

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/67172/ny-stakes-winner-bellacourt-euthanized

ger

Greg J. (Wookster8)

1/26/12

A shame, she fought all she could, too sad.

R.I.P. Bellacourt...

Derby132

1/26/12

So young to have been through all of that.  Colic too.

R.I.P. Bellacourt.  That's a shame.

KYsally (kwsally)

1/26/12

OMG - I hate "L".

RIP Beautiful Girl!

XXOO
KentuckyTB

1/26/12

Oh no.  I know Bella.  She was a very nice filly.  Kind of sad I'm just finding out now.  RIP pretty girl!
KathyF49

1/27/12

we didn't lose him to colic, he had a heart attack, I was responding to earlier posts.  Just out in pasture and died....
In reply toRe: msg 77
Amy (1pony)
Staff

2/1/12

Darby Dan Stallion Repriced Dies

Updated: Wednesday, February 1, 2012 4:34 PM
Posted: Wednesday, February 1, 2012 4:34 PM

Repriced, one of the last remaining sons of Roberto, died Jan. 27, at Darby Dan Farm near Lexington from an apparent heart attack. He was 24.

“It’s the real end of an era with the passing of Repriced,” said Darby Dan owner John Phillips. “He  represented a connection to the golden era of American stallions. It’s well known that my grandfather, John W. Galbreath, named Roberto (a major winner and sire) for the great Pittsburgh Pirates’ right fielder, Roberto Clemente. Both Robertos were exceptional in their fields, and Repriced was a wonderful link to those great years. Though Repriced was largely retired, we are all sad not to see him enjoying his time in his paddock.”

Read more: http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/67248/darby-dan-stallion-repriced-dies#ixzz1lAbsvrhs