MaryLOhio

The Legacy Racing Forum

Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Breeding News   Horse Racing

Started 11/24/12 by Derby132; 536011 views.
Amy (1pony)
Staff

11/14/21

Is Calumet's Stud barn full? Interesting that they are sending Lexitonian to Lanes End.

gerchgo

11/14/21

I don’t know, just checked and they have 12 there now. They also have regional sires listed at other farms and Lentenor is listed! When did they buy interest in him??

Amy (1pony)
Staff

11/14/21

Calumet is where Lentenor started at stud, they sent him to Indiana after his 1st year in hope that his career would take off, unfortunately it didn't so they brought him back to Kentucky. I do not know what the plans are, I am sure that the Jackson's have kept an ownership portion of him, it is possible that eventually he is gelded and sent to Old Friends.

gerchgo

11/14/21

He’s listed as a regional stallion, not at Calumet.

Msg 60766.3268 deleted
Amy (1pony)
Staff

11/14/21

Actually I just looked at Calumet's website Lentenor is back at Calumet as a Private Stallion. So the farm and his syndicate owners are using him, he is only open for the public to breed to to select owners/mares. 

Bloodhorse Register is incorrect

Potsdam2

11/14/21

I'm surprised Paynter has taken a step back in stud fee.

gerchgo

11/14/21

Well, alrighty then.  Perhaps Roy and Gretchen are breeding their mates to him in Kentucky?

cigarello

11/14/21

That would surely be odd-- I mean Knicks Go will be horse of the year - I just read an article, by any standard, Paynter has turned out to be a pretty decent stallion.