MaryLOhio

The Legacy Racing Forum

Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Lentenor to Stand At IN Stallion Station   Barbaro and Family

Started by Greg J. (Wookster8); 293654 views.
MJ42903

12/4/12

Wow! Very nice
Meg'smom (MarianH6)

12/6/12

It looks like cake icing!

While at first, I felt very sad that Lentenor's career had been "cut short", after some reflection I began to think that if a horse is to have a successful career at stud, the sooner he begins, the better...
  • Edited 12/7/2012 3:42 pm ET by MarianH5 (MarianH6)
Meg'smom (MarianH6)

12/6/12

I maintain that Respect is the  simple secret of any successful relationship, between husband and wife, child and parent, dog and owner, etc., etc.  When it is missing, the relationship is in trouble...
In reply toRe: msg 1
Greg J. (Wookster8)

12/13/12

Announced today that Lentenor's fee will be $7,500 at Calumet. 

Think that is a bargain :-)

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/75039/calumet-lists-stallion-fees-for-2013

wishbone

12/14/12

In all seriousness, unfortunately I'm afraid $7,500 is too high...especially in the Kentucky market.  Also $20K for Americain??  Maybe in Europe or Australia, but I don't see these speed-crazy breeders forking over $20K for a date with him on a regular basis.
Meg'smom (MarianH6)

12/14/12

If I had a mare, I'd think $7,500 a bargain, too, for one of Lentenor's babies.

Read the nice article mentioning Lentenor:

http://cs.bloodhorse.com/blogs/truenicks/archive/2012/11/29/calumet-farm-returns-with-trio-of-new-stallions.aspx
In reply toRe: msg 1
Greg J. (Wookster8)

12/21/12

Photo of Lentenor at Calumet Farm:

http://www.bloodhorse.com/stallion-register/stallions/166120/lentenor

While I love both recent photo's of Nicanor and Lentenor, I have to say Nicanor looks a little better :-)

MJ42903

12/21/12

Nicanor knows he's a star
LindaVA3

12/21/12

Nicanor always was the rock star brother LOL
HLewis09

12/21/12

Oh, that's very interesting, isn't it?!  I put both their pics side by side--interesting to see each of them in the same pose.  I think part of it is that it looks like Lentenor has a nice start to his winter coat going on and so he isn't as sleek and shiny looking.  He just looks a little "fuzzy" to me!  I'm wondering if perhaps Nicanor's photo was taken while he was down in Florida--the backround looks like that might be the case.  They are both so beautiful, but I do hope they take another one of Lentenor next Spring/Summer when he is shined up and bloomed out like Nicanor looks.  Nicanor's shoulders look more powerful and developed!  Nic honestly looks like he could run a race after that picture....he must be very "busy" and keeps himself in good shape!!  Thanks for sharing!