MaryLOhio

The Legacy Racing Forum

Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

TB owners' news   Horse Racing

Started 7/27/16 by gerchgo; 106075 views.
Amy (1pony)
Staff

10/16/17

Interesting read thanks.

cigarello

10/16/17

Thanks for sharing this insightful article.  I believe that no matter how much talent a horse has, a trainer can enhance or bring out that talent or squelch it.  I am not sure American Pharoah would have won the crown without Baffert as his trainer---I think if Smarty Jones would have had an experienced trainer, he might have won the crown--it has to be a good fit 

gerchgo

12/25/17

Great photo, talk about being in sync with each other!

https://mobile.twitter.com/Centennial_Farm/status/944267295601373184

Amy (1pony)
Staff

12/25/17

WOW that's awesome

Derby132

12/26/17

wow on that photo!

Amy (1pony)
Staff

12/28/17

Great job Adena!!

The Stronach family's Adena Springs is known in the Thoroughbred industry as a successful breeder and owner participating in the highest levels of the game in the United States and Canada, but the Stronachs are also advocates for responsible aftercare.

In addition to supporting outside aftercare nonprofits and initiatives, Adena Springs has its own aftercare program to help former Adena runners find second careers. Launched in 2004, the program is based out of Adena Springs North near Aurora, Ontario. I spoke with Adena Retirement Program's Maria Turner about running a successful aftercare program.

http://cs.bloodhorse.com/blogs/inside-aftercare/archive/2017/12/27/adena-helps-ottbs-find-new-careers-via-in-house-program.aspx

Derby132

12/29/17

That is awesome.  I love seeing programs like this from the big players.

Amy (1pony)
Staff

12/29/17

I do too, wish more would do this. I know Darley has a program here and abroad, not sure about some of the others.