MaryLOhio

The Legacy Racing Forum

Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

INJURED   Horse Racing

Started 3/3/18 by Derby132; 122502 views.
Derby132

3/26/18

A positive comment by a poster from The Player's fb page.  Fingers crossed he comes out of surgery well.  But need to hope and pray he recuperates well.  But....I'll take this!

Fernanda Camargo I just had a meeting with Dr Steve Reed from Rood and Riddle and he said that The Player's chances are really good for a successful arthrodesis. Of course we don't have access to his x-rays, but he even made a comment that this horse is lucky he likes to lay down so much. He went on to say that there are many stallions and broodmares with fused ankles that perform greatly and have an excellent quality of life. Let's all pray this guy comes out of that surgical suite well and easy!

https://www.facebook.com/The-Player-1764502500517177/?hc_ref=ARRoOdX7_szPzhcVZjlfN0m5zQEZnfoSBHMVOobJB3DtDo0hchfTyal4E-xGbXsQE84&fref=nf

Derby132

3/26/18

20 minutes ago....

William Buff Bradley Still in surgery. Waiting anxiously another hour or so at least

Lina_TX

3/26/18

I so hope it goes well.

Derby132

3/26/18

Still in surgery and putting a shoe on his good foot for stability so I am hoping to have word in the next hour. Around 7-8 eastern time. I promise to post as soon as I know. ??

cigarello

3/26/18

Hanging onto every word and hoping and praying----

Lina_TX

3/26/18

cigarello said...

Hanging onto every word and hoping and praying----

Likewise!

Derby132

3/26/18

Great news so far. Surgery went well and they have put a plate and 16 screws in his leg. This took well over 7 hours and getting up took another few hours(I did tell the vet he will stay down as long as he could).Dr. McCauley and his staff at LSU have done a wonderful job in a complicated surgery. I am a bit emotional after seeing him stand on his own and bearing weight on all 4 legs and then walking to his stall. Now we have to hope for no infections and that no laminitis sets in. Keep praying(its working)as he still has a long way to go. I will be back tomorrow to check on him. OH and he ate some peppermints!!

Amy (1pony)

3/26/18

Great news so far but we need to keep the prayers going because this is going to be a long recovery

gerchgo

3/26/18

Go Player!!!! Prayers continue for an uneventful recovery!!!!!!

Lina_TX

3/26/18

So far so good!  Now, more prayers for the next phase.