MaryLOhio

The Legacy Racing Forum

Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

INJURED   Horse Racing

Started 3/3/18 by Derby132; 123937 views.
Lina_TX

3/26/18

cigarello said...

Hanging onto every word and hoping and praying----

Likewise!

Derby132

3/26/18

Great news so far. Surgery went well and they have put a plate and 16 screws in his leg. This took well over 7 hours and getting up took another few hours(I did tell the vet he will stay down as long as he could).Dr. McCauley and his staff at LSU have done a wonderful job in a complicated surgery. I am a bit emotional after seeing him stand on his own and bearing weight on all 4 legs and then walking to his stall. Now we have to hope for no infections and that no laminitis sets in. Keep praying(its working)as he still has a long way to go. I will be back tomorrow to check on him. OH and he ate some peppermints!!

Amy (1pony)

3/26/18

Great news so far but we need to keep the prayers going because this is going to be a long recovery

gerchgo

3/26/18

Go Player!!!! Prayers continue for an uneventful recovery!!!!!!

Lina_TX

3/26/18

So far so good!  Now, more prayers for the next phase.

Derby132

3/26/18

I'm shaking I've been so worried.  Yes, prayers and positive thoughts to continue.  I think Buff needs to be there full time with the pillow and peppermints!

cigarello

3/26/18

Good news--this is the first step in a long process towards  his

Recovery--I could hardly think of anything else all day -i am sure he is enjoying munching on his peppermints

gerchgo

3/27/18

He is doing well, resting like he should!!! Prayers continue and Go Player!!!!!

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1830731330560960&id=1764502500517177&__tn__=%2As%2As-R

Derby132

3/27/18

Isn't it kind of amazing...the horse who has such a fan following for the quirky way he has of laying down so much....that is just what is needed to save him now.  Maybe the way things are now is the perfect answer to any question of why he did it so much.

I've been so worried.  It is great seeing today's photo of the two buddies.

gerchgo

3/27/18

It’s wonderful!!! And when a horse knows how to take care of himself, it just magnifies their intelligence. I’m sure Buff was worried when he popped up when seeing him, I’m sure he’ll hestitate stopping by too often in these first few weeks. And, perhaps, his practice of sitting like a dog will help in his rehab? Go Player- keep fighting while we keep praying!