MaryLOhio

The Legacy Racing Forum

Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Road to Kentucky Derby 2020   Horse Racing

Started 8/22/19 by Amy (1pony); 11871 views.
gerchgo

Mar-26

My DISH guide is showing NBCSN showing Trackside Live At 3pm cst Friday and Saturday.

Derby132

Mar-26

Good.  I hope to tune in Saturday.

gerchgo

Mar-27

Ajaaweed will be withdrawn from Florida Derby, KM saying he was dull in work this morning, per Gabby Gaudet on DGrening post.

Amy (1pony)
Staff

Mar-28

Haskin makes some great points and we know that They have not made any decision on the new date for The Preakness and The Belmont

In reply toRe: msg 87
Derby132

Mar-28

Bill Finley @BillFinley3 2h2 hours ago

Knowlton also mentioned the Wood as well as the Preakness, if it is still run in the spring (seems doubtful). Knowlton also wants to run in the Travers and that would have to be moved earlier in Saratoga schedule for that to happen.

Jack Knowlton of said one goal for Tiz the Law is pulling off the Saratoga-Ky. Derby double. That means moving the date of the Travers. If they hold the Wood Memorial in May or June at Belmont, he said that would be another option.

One race that appears not to be on the schedule for Tiz the Law is Arkansas Derby, which has tentative date of May 2. "Not in a million years," Jack Knowlton, managing partner of Sackatoga Stable, which owns Tiz the Law, said from Florida. "Why would we do that?"

https://twitter.com/tjwilkin

• Edited March 28, 2020 9:56 pm  by  Derby132
In reply toRe: msg 126
Derby132

Mar-28

Tim WilkinVerified account @tjwilkin 26m26 minutes ago

Jack Knowlton of after Tiz the Law's Florida Derby win: ""I would love to be going to Kentucky in five weeks. You would think he would have to go as the favorite. Now, other horses can catch up, but they are going to have to be good to beat this guy."

gerchgo

Mar-29

I just wonder now if they can keep these horses in peak shape with the move of the Derby to September?

cigarello

Mar-29

I am wondering the same thing---you look at Tiz The Law--he is a beast right now -

But what about 6 months from now?

gerchgo

Mar-29

May be a good test to see consistent runners in races and stamina, IF the other tracks are able to open up in a timely matter?