MaryLOhio

The Legacy Racing Forum

Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Road to Kentucky Derby 2020   Horse Racing

Started 8/22/19 by Amy (1pony); 16389 views.
cigarello

Jul-13

Too bad- i was looking forward to Cafe or maybe even Danon Pharoah run in the Derby. It certainly is possible he didn't like the dirt----

gerchgo

Jul-15

• Edited July 15, 2020 7:05 am  by  gerchgo
In reply toRe: msg 207
gerchgo

Jul-16

The Haskell is selling another 500 admission tickets to the Restaurant in the picnic area which includes 4 hour open bar- that part is NOT a smart move!! I think everyone will be watching what happens with allowing all those fans in, how many COVID infections from it and if there ACTUALLY will be fans at the Derby?

https://www.drf.com/news/monmouth-releases-more-haskell-tickets

Derby132

Jul-16

I keep wondering about Breeders’ Cup.  I do not see the Derby happening with a full house.

gerchgo

Jul-16

I think Keeneland will follow the science, I don’t think any of the tracks are allowing fans on aprons, must be in designated areas.

gerchgo

Jul-18

I think it’s Authentic in the Haskell?

Potsdam2

Jul-18

Yes. What a heart breaker for NY Traffic.  Authentic may be in the Derby, but he isn't looking like a candidate for favorite with that head-bobbing win.

Derby132

Jul-18

Agree.  Was hoping the son of Cross Traffic would get it.

• Edited July 18, 2020 7:39 pm  by  Derby132
Potsdam2

Jul-18

Yep. I was too. I was so surprised by his second wind.

gerchgo

Jul-18

Agree. They were discussing that on tv that they didn’t think Authentic could run 2, 11/4 mile races. I think NY Traffic was a bit green in the stretch there, definitely think he would easily pass Authentic in a longer race.