MaryLOhio

The Legacy Racing Forum

Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

OCTOBER $5 WINNER IS................   Dogs and Cats and ...

Started 10/1/19 by NWFLAFOB; 829 views.
NWFLAFOB

10/2/19

Thanks, Marilyn.

I called vet earlier to check on how she was doing.  Vet tech who is a face book friend, too, said she'd go give her some "lovins" for me.   Said she was doing well and had received her second heartworm shot this morning.  I'm going to have to watch her like a hawk when she's outside for the next month and will likely need to use the kennel area we established in the garage.  That way she cannot go outside at night.  I seriously doubt she's out there cavorting in the dark UNLESS she is aware if the other two go out to bark and chase critters outside the fence - or inside the yard! Then she might go out and join in the merriment.  

NWFLAFOB

10/2/19

Thank you!

amycapshaw

10/2/19

Hi Linda

Just sent my donation in. Great rescue!

Thinking of you and Goldie and hoping that all continues to go well. 

Thanks,

Amy

DJoAnn

10/3/19

$10 (plus svc ch.) sent to Helping Hounds!   Awww.  Gotta love hounds!

jodie

hatchery1

10/3/19

Sent my $5.00 by credit card. No problem at all!  

Things are cooling off here in South Florida, slightly. Upper 80's instead of over 90 degrees, less humid, and more breezy.  I like it.

Thanks for another great rescue!

Tricia K.

Barbaro will lead the way...

NWFLAFOB

10/7/19

Amy, thank you.

So far so good with Goldie.  She's shown none of the potential side effects.  I put her on leash to go outside several times a day.   She has managed to do a loping sort of lazy run a few times.  At night, I'm sleeping with bedroom window cracked so I can hear if other dogs start a howl-a-thon and she goes out to join them.  I get up to check on her and she's always asleep.  Being deaf has its advantages - unless they fall over her on their way out, she's unaware of anything happening!

NWFLAFOB

10/7/19

Jodie, thank you!

NWFLAFOB

10/7/19

Tricia, thank you!

We've had a little bit of a cool down here, not as oppressive today as it has been.   The chickens have been enjoying the slightly cooler temperatures, too!

amycapshaw

10/7/19

You are such a GREAT dog mom. Goldie is one lucky girl!

Amy