MaryLOhio

The Legacy Racing Forum

Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

APRIL $5 WINNER IS.............   Dogs and Cats and ...

Started Apr-1 by NWFLAFOB; 645 views.
NWFLAFOB

Apr-1

Happy April 1st.  Insert lame joke April Fool's Day joke about the challenges we all face here___________________.   My non-April Fool's Day hopes are that all of you are staying safe, washing your hands, NOT touching your face, and maintaining your spirits.  For those who are challenged with social distancing requirements and feel desperately alone vs healthfully alone, please reach out either thru social media or to your FOB famblee thru this forum.

Our April rescue is one of our olden goldies - Eleventh Hour Rescue.  As the name implies, they specialize in rescuing dogs from shelters who face imminent euthanization.  I've learned that one of our own, Susan Chiellini, adopted her handsome boy Blaze via Eleventh Hour in 2008.  He was in a small Georgia shelter and due to an injury, had to have his paw amputated.  His adoption potential ran its course when Susan learned about him.  Thru coordination with a south Florida rescue and the Georgia rescue, Blaze ultimately found his forever home with her.  Susan had him fitted with a prosthetic paw and recently, a set of wheels to help him get around easier as a senior gentleman.  I told Eleventh Hour about Blaze and they asked for and received pictures from Susan of Blaze thru the years.  It is always so good to provide rescue folks positive news/success stories because they see so much heartbreak.
If you prefer Pay Pal, it's available at their website along with many stories of their hard work:  https://www.ehrdogs.org/        (this Pay Pal format does provide a place where you can note FOB DONATION)
For those preferring snail mail, Eleventh Hour Rescue, P.O. Box 218, Rockaway NJ 07866 
Please let me know when you've seen and sent.  They know we don't expect individual thanks unless specifically requested.   Here is response I received from them when I notified the
...[Message truncated]
View Full Message
MichiganFOB1

Apr-2

Done. I have a lot of good spirits in the cupboard. LOL!

hatchery1

Apr-2

Hello,  I made my donation to Eleventh Hour Rescue.  Their video was very inspiring.  So glad we can help them during these difficult days. 
We're being hit hard in Palm Beach County.  Staying home is the key.  Hope all the FOBs are healthy and safe

Tricia K.

Barbaro will lead the way...

cigarello

Apr-4

Hi Linda: I just donated using my credit card.  didn't see an option for paypal, maybe I missed it, no problem.

I see you are in Florida, so are we-- we are in Fort Myers for the winter but I think we will be staying here longer than planned-- I don't think I want to be driving on the road for two days with a bunch of people--- it would be hard to stay hygienic on the road, having to stop at gas stations and such and then trying to find a hotel---

Where are you in Florida?

This is a great rescue, saving those fur babies  from certain death.

Stay safe

Marilyn

amycapshaw

Apr-5

Hi Linda

Just sent my donation through PayPal. Thank you and stay well please!

Amy

DJoAnn

Apr-6

Pp'ed $20 to 11th Hour.  They are one of my favs and all rescues are hurting.  Thank you!  jodie

NWFLAFOB

Apr-9

Thank you, Ellen.  From the news, it seems liquor/wine/beer sales have skyrocketed so, you're not alone!!  A friend shared a post from a local Mexican restaurant that was advertising gallons of margaritas!!!  

NWFLAFOB

Apr-9

Thank you, Tricia.  I had to go to my allergist on Monday for routine allergy shots.  Wore one of the homemade bandana face masks I've put together.  Quite a few folks out and about were wearing masks and keeping their distance from one another.   Stay safe!

NWFLAFOB

Apr-9

Thank you, Marilyn.

We are in the upper upper northwest point on the Florida map - within spitting distance of the Alabama state line - out in the woods.   Don't blame you for postponing travel.  It would be difficult to sanitize everything at every stop on a road trip.   Stay safe!!

NWFLAFOB

Apr-9

Thank you, Amy.

We're doing well - here in the woods "social distancing" is a way of life!

Stay safe!