MaryLOhio

The Legacy Racing Forum

Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

2021 Breeder’s Cup   Horse Racing

Started 2/10/21 by gerchgo; 11467 views.
Amy (1pony)
Staff

11/6/21

Taking the pace to KG would have been the kiss of death on the Del Mar surface. I had secretly hoped Hot Rod Charlie would have done that.

MS ran a great race!!! Yes best 3 year old.

SmittyCat

11/6/21

Agree. I saw a tweet "I hope people shut up now. Medina Spirit is simply the best 3yo colt horse in the US rn. and Bob Baffert is simply a good trainer. Drug no drug."

But haters gonna hate.

Amy (1pony)
Staff

11/6/21

Medina Spirit is the little engine that could. I truely hope he runs as a 4 year old! 
I totally agree, and the haters hate Bob a lot!! I just shake my head when the broadcaster’s say that his horses had 5 positive drug tests in the last year. No they had 2, one a therapeutic that was given to the horse with more time than the recommended time frame. The other was an ointment that had an ingredient that is not allowed in a minuscule amount. 
The other 3 Bob was found to not be at fault. 
Baffert’s case with NYRA is early next year, he has been running horses there on occasion and no drug positives. IMHO this is good for his case.

Amy (1pony)
Staff

11/7/21

I love Paynter!

cigarello

11/7/21

https://www.paulickreport.com/news/breeders-cup/knicks-go-ends-horse-of-the-year-debate-with-front-running-breeders-cup-classic-win/

Comments from jockeys and trainers regarding their horses in the classic

I think Knicks Go is a cinch for HOY!

Amy (1pony)
Staff

11/7/21

Yes KG will be best older male and HOY

In reply toRe: msg 170
Amy (1pony)
Staff

11/7/21

cigarello

11/7/21

What bothers me is when these broadcasters say "5 positive drug tests"- many people think of doping-they  don't understand what really occurred and the finer points as you pointed out. And yes, the haters really hate Bob Baffert.  Jealousy is not a pretty thing.

gerchgo

11/7/21

Knicks Go received a Beyer Speed Figure of 112, one point shy of his career best and the third time in his last four starts he has reached 111 or higher. Life Is Good got a 109, his career best.

• Edited November 7, 2021 3:19 pm  by  gerchgo
In reply toRe: msg 173
gerchgo

11/7/21

Breeders’ Cup Saturday winning Beyer Figures: Ce Ce-100 (FMS), Golden Pal-107 (TS), Life Is Good-109 (DM), Loves Only You-102 (FMT), Aloha West-100 (S), Space Blues-106 (M), Marche Lorraine-103 (D), Yibir-105 (T), Knicks Go-112 (Classic)