MaryLOhio

The Legacy Racing Forum

Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Medina Spirit Derby positive    Horse Racing

Started 5/10/21 by Amy (1pony); 52254 views.
cigarello

Aug-1

It may sound strange, but I really feel badly for this poor star- crossed horse.

He won the Derby against all odds and he won other races proving

He was a  really good horse, and then he drops dead during a workout,

And the horrible medication saga continues, dragging his name thru the mud

And  then he Was stripped of his Derby win

it is truly horrible

gerchgo

Aug-1

I feel bad for the horse too. RIP Medina Spirit, none of this is your fault.

cigarello

Aug-22

https://www.horseracingnation.com/news/Baffert_appeals_to_Kentucky_commission_to_erase_his_suspension_123

Baffert continues to appeal suspension in Kentucky and attempt to have Medina Spirit named as Kentucky Derby winner

gerchgo

Aug-22

He’s giving it one last try, but I don’t think he’ll be successful in reinstating MS as Derby winner.

I’ve never heard of a trainer having a suspension removed from his record, so I have no idea how that will turn out?

cigarello

Aug-22

I agree with you

cigarello

Aug-22

https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/262498/khrc-bafferts-legal-team-present-arguments-at-appeal

This article describes the sum and substance of the appeal- I just don't see him winning this but I don't blame him for trying. I come away from reading this feeling so sad about Medina Spirit- such a special horse---

sandins

Aug-24

I so agree with you about the horse.........Medina Spirit Won the race, no matter who says what

And then he dies, without the recognition of being a Derby Winner..........sweat_drops

• Edited August 24, 2022 12:14 am  by  sandins
Amy (1pony)
Staff

Aug-24

The biggest take away I have from this article (something I have thought since day 1) he didn’t have Betamethasone in his pre race test but it shows up in the post race test. The ointment was applied every day for months prior to the race.

Bob’s attorney kept hammering a witness about this.

cigarello

Aug-24

Why wouldn't it show up in pre race testing if it showed up in post race testing, I don't get it.