Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

BARBARO BIRTHDAY HONORS   Barbaro and Family

Started Apr-5 by NWFLAFOB; 724 views.
NWFLAFOB

Apr-5

Sharing for those not on face book.  Jamie Gillispie who organizes the annual floral tribute at Barbaro's Memorial shared this last evening for Barbaro's 29 April birthday.........................

Dear FOB's.......I can begin taking rose orders today. The price per stem will be the usual $5. I am doing a few things differently this year. In honor of the 16th year anniversary of Barbaro's incredible Derby win, I will be making 16 arrangements of all red roses, Each arrangement will have a dozen roses. Each bouquet will be tagged with a large white card that will contain your messages.
There will be an all white bouquet for our Heavenly FOB's with a card with all of their names. The Derby Champions will have their single red and single white roses small bouquets and of course the eternal Eight Belles will get her special arrangement.
Regarding tags, the larger card will contain your small messages to the people and animals for whom you have chosen your rose.
We will be meeting on Saturday April 23 at around 10:30. Normally we meet on or close to Barbaro's birthday. I can't be in town that week unfortunately so it will have to be the 23rd this year.
As far as polishing this year, we most likely won't have the manpower to do a full polishing. Last year there were only 3 people at the statue in total including me. So we can rinse him off and buff Barbaro with some soft clothes. Then we will lay the roses out and get pics of the roses and all the tagged cards.
The proceeds will be divided as usual among the following 4…
2. One Horse At A Time
3. The Laminitis Fund
4. The Barbaro Fund.
There are 3 ways to pay.
1. Paypal..........if you use the friends and family option, no fees will be taken out. My paypal address is:
lilroy@btes.tv
2. Snail Mail
Jamie Gillispie
315 Old Hickory Tree Rd
...[Message truncated]
View Full Message
sandins

Apr-6

think it is for the First Saturday in May,as KD day, too

also a post on Bump for Barbaro

• Edited April 7, 2022 12:08 am  by  sandins
In reply toRe: msg 1
NWFLAFOB

Apr-9

Good Saturday morning!  Wanted to let y'all know I have met my match game total.   Five FOBs made donations that I was able to match for a little over $100.     There's still time to make your donation to Jamie and remember, every $5 provides another rose for the floral tribute she will place at Barbaro's Memorial.

In reply toRe: msg 3
NWFLAFOB

Apr-13

Bumping as a reminder.   Jamie has set the 21st as deadline - that's a week from tomorrow.  You can mail your rose money to her to arrive later than that - just contact her soonest to let her know how many you are purchasing and what message you would like to have on a tag.  

Five dollars a rose with a message.   Barbaro has been gone fifteen years and still holds a little piece of our heart.  This is an opportunity to help provide not only a visual display of that fact but also to contribute to horse rescues and  efforts at UPENN that will benefit other horses in Barbaro's name.

cigarello

Apr-13

Thank you for the reminder!  Barbaro, always in our hearts!

sandins

Apr-15

don't forget to let Jamie know if you want roses....and which and for whom

cigarello

Apr-15

I thought you copied that info for Jamie's bought 10 roses per paypal

sandins

Apr-15

it's on Bump for Barbaro......just a reminder,as time is getting to be soon,as she makes out cards to attach and needs to order roses....rose

In reply toRe: msg 8
sandins

Apr-23

wrote" to please remember Dr Richardson with your pryaers and positive thoughts for healing "and it did not post??

In reply toRe: msg 1
NWFLAFOB

Apr-25

Here is photo of this year's rose tribute

May be an image of 3 people, people standing, monument and outdoors