MaryLOhio

The Legacy Racing Forum

Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

MAY $5 WINNER IS...........   Dogs and Cats and ...

Started May-1 by NWFLAFOB; 465 views.
NWFLAFOB

May-1

Happy May Day!  This month's rescue group is Above and Beyond English Setter Rescue.    For those who prefer to donate via credit card/PayPal I'll provide your website www.esrescue.org for that link.  We do have a few folks who prefer sending a check, for them I'll give them this address: 2415 Wynnefield Drive, Havertown, PA 19083.

Please let me know when you've seen and sent and remember to mark donation FOB DONATION (I just did so using the DONATE PayPal link at the website).

It's always extra gratifying when the rescue contact acknowledges knowing about Barbaro.  Here is response this month's contact provided:

The hearts of every hand and every paw of A&B thank you and your Fans of Barbaro for selecting us to be the recipients of your May donation drive.  Each donation, no matter what the amount, helps us meet the always increasing costs of vet care.  I don't know how we came to your attention, but we're very glad that we did.   We're on the web, which is how you contacted us, and on Facebook if you want to see some of our dogs as they come into rescue.

Even though I'm not a horse person, I remember Barbaro and his story.  He was cared for about thirty miles away from me at the New Bolton Center of the Univ. of Pa.  I was sad when he needed to be PTS.  Like everyone else, I wanted him to live out his life in a green pasture.

Thank you again for your generosity.  

Sincerely,

Joyce Loeb

Volunteer/Treasurer

hatchery1

May-3

Good Morning!

I sent a $25 donation to Above and Beyond English Setter Rescue.  English Setters are so beautiful. My sister had a gorgeous red Irish Setter, that sadly got hit by a car and died at age two many years ago.  I never forget sweet Shannon.

Hope you are well.  Things are pretty calm down here in South Florida!

Thank you for this club, inspired by our boy Barbaro, that helps so many deserving critter rescues!  As Joyce said, we all wanted Barbaro to live out his life in a green pasture, but his legacy and this club helps many others to do just that.

Tricia K.

Barbaro will lead the way...

NWFLAFOB

May-6

Hey, Tricia, thank you!

My first husband rescued an Irish Setter that showed up at his workplace.  We named him Pilgrim because it was at Thanksgiving time.  He was a gorgeous dog with the attention span of a turnip!   English Setters are gorgeous dogs, too.

We're doing well - just added nine more chickens to our flock - that makes 13.  We're gluttons for punishment.  I've spent time the last few days just sitting with them to monitor any overly aggressive behaviors.  The newbies are still youngsters, not old enough to lay but not baby chicks either - more like gangly teenagers.  It's entertaining to watch them.

Just finished making a batch of dewberry jam from berries I've picked on our property.  Hope to make a cobbler with remaining berries tomorrow.  Ahhh, the excitement of country life!

I'm always tickled when our rescue contacts acknowledge who Barbaro is - makes it somehow a wee bit more special.

amycapshaw

May-10

Hi Linda

Just sent my donation to Above and Beyond. Spent some time looking at their website and they do great work. I let them know that it was a donation from our FOBs.

Still thinking about the Derby and how exciting it was to see Rich Strike win. Just amazing!

Take care and thanks.

Amy

PattyTx1

May-13

Hi Linda,

Just wanted to let you know i have seen your post for the May rescue.  I will send my donation by PayPal today.

Thanks and Happy May!

NWFLAFOB

May-15

Thanks, Amy.

I'm sure you've seen the aerial coverage of the Derby which makes Rich Strike's win even more dramatic.  What an exciting race!

NWFLAFOB

May-15

Thanks, Patty!  

cigarello

May-15

Hi Linda:  i just donated thru paypal!

The Derby was so much fun this year: such a fairy tale- horse racing needed this uplifting story for sure!

Take care

Marilyn

NWFLAFOB

May-15

Thanks, Marilyn.  I didn't know anything about any of the horses this year and almost didn't watch but I'm sure glad I did!

hatchery1

Jul-3

Awesome!! Hope the chicks are doing well!

Tricia K.

Barbaro will lead the way...