POSTS TODAY

Menu

Discussion

Horses at Feedlot 4/17/07   Horse Rescue Issues

Started by Guest; 11 views.
kckellsbells

10/27/07

Hi all,

Just dug up this thread and wanted all to know that Moon is safe, fat and getting his winter coat.  Today, my 4 year old niece was grooming him.  I wish I had taken a picture so I could post Moon at the feedlot and now Moon HOME and being brushed by a little girl!  He knows he's safe and his trust in me is amazing!

I wish all the horses headed for slaughter were as lucky as Moon.  I thank everyone who donates and works so hard to end slaughter.  I was the lucky one who saw Moon's picture and felt him calling to my heart.

Kelly and Moon

10/27/07

Oh Kelly,

I would have loved to have seen a picture of Moon and your niece.  Please take some photos so we can see the fat, happy Moon!

Shirley

10/27/07

This is Moon, right?

Tee

Msg 131 of 159 to GuestGuest 
In reply toRe: msg 130
kckellsbells

10/27/07

Yes, Tee, that's my boy! :)

Kelly

10/27/07

Ain't he a looker?!
Msg 133 of 159 to GuestGuest 
In reply toRe: msg 132
kckellsbells

10/27/07

He looks more like his feedlot pic now...winter coat and a full tummy!  He lost some weight on the 4 day ride from Shiloh to KS.  But, all in all, a happy and healthy boy! :)

Kelly

10/27/07

I couldn't be happier for him (and you)!

BTW, the mare that came in with him is a Sheriff's mount now.  She is a beauty too!  She went through a bad spell initially, with a strange systemic (allergic) reaction that caused her to lose big patches of skin.  It was a lengthy recovery, but she is doing great and is well loved.

Shirley

Msg 135 of 159 to GuestGuest 
In reply toRe: msg 134
kckellsbells

10/27/07

So happy to know this, Shirley!  You know I was thinking about getting her as well. I wish her many, many happy years of love and care.

Kelly

10/27/07

Figured I'd get that big beautiful boy posted for ya.

Msg 137 of 159 to GuestGuest 
In reply toRe: msg 136
kckellsbells

10/27/07

Thanks, Tee!

Kelly