MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Menu

Discussion

Max the injured foal in Oregon    Horse Rescue Issues

Started by quatzie; 44 views.
quatzie

5/11/07

I am new to this forum, I just would like to have prayers for this little colt Mac that was rescued about three weeks ago to a horse rescue in Roseburg Oregon. His complete story is on their web page. Max was injured the pictures are (graphic) this little guys needs prayers and good thought going his way.. His wound is about three feet by 1 foot this hind leg was de gloved .. please keep him in your thoughts, his current vet bill are way over 700 dollars and supplies are need ..

Thank you

http://www.strawberrymountainmustangs.com/

Strawberry Mountain Mustangs
PO BOX 2133
Roseburg Or

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r282/quatzie/max-1.jpg

Attachments
  • Edited 5/14/2007 8:52 am by quatzie
In reply toRe: msg 1

5/11/07

Hay FOBs, I just sent a little donation.  This poor little guy needs our help if possible.  His injury looks to be soooooo painful.  Even 5-10 dollars would help out. 

maggie

kckellsbells

5/11/07

Bless his sweet soul!  Have charges been filed against his former owner?  I will send a small donation via paypal for bandages or whatever you may need.

Kelly

quatzie

5/11/07

I don't think there were witness to the injury, but the authorities were contacted and questioned about the what could be done. Oregon is rather lack for animal justice

5/11/07

Prayers being sent to little Max, Praying for a full and quick recovery!

Patty Martin

Dayton, NV

In reply toRe: msg 5

5/11/07

Bump for Mac
LynsWins

5/11/07

i read his story on your site. that is just unbelieveable what that owner did. i feel very sorry for any other horses he may have on his property. what an idiot. Debbie should go down there and straighten him out! she had to do the same thing to this guy at an auction. the poor horse he was round penning nearly jumped over a 6 foot fence trying to get away from him. i thought the poor girl was going to get her leg caught in the fence and break her leg. Debbie jumped in there with the guy and the horse and calmed her down and he left. He did come back later, dropped his machismo attitude and listened to what she had to say. He was young, and after he got over having his pride wounded, i think he may look at things differently now. i can only hope someone does that with this idiot owner before it's too late.
quatzie

5/11/07

I think the owner didn’t know anything about horses,  just wanted the colt gone when he couldn’t do anything with him. Then to leave him with out care for 2 to 3 days with the rope still attached to his leg. I don’t understand folks..  It must of have been horrible, then wanted him eaten by the lions in a near by wildlife park as a way to get rid of the colt.  This colt is the dearest foal, and stands for daily bandaging and cleaning.. so sweet a baby.
I cant say how I feel about the owners .. it would be outlawed but I dont think they have any horses now... Thank God

5/11/07

I just read Mac's story on the website.  It is so hard to believe any human could be so cruel.   He certainly deserves the same fate if not harder punishment.  Mac appears to be so precious and deserving of a better life with people who will love and care for him.  I will send a small donation via snail mail for use with vet bills or supplies.

Patricia (FL)

Msg 10 of 1510 to GuestGuest 
In reply toRe: msg 9
quatzie

5/11/07

Thank you so much ..