Menu

Discussion

Mrs.J. Mother's Day Tribute/HSMO   Horse Rescue Issues

Started by Gannonrose; 7 views.
Gannonrose

5/11/07

MO Horse Heroes Mother's Day Tribute

Fund Raiser for Mrs. Jackson

HSMO sent me a note stating that $ 2,045 dollars was collected from our special Fans of Barbaro donation site for the MO Horse Heroes. $ 595.00 was donated to all the horses at Longmeadow Ranch. I know some people mailed in their donations, so the numbers are a little higher. That makes a total of $ 2,640 dollars in honor of Mrs. Jackson for Mother's Day. I want to thank all Fans of Barbaro for this most fitting gift to Mrs. Jackson. We are indeed doing the work of Barbaro and that is the wish of Mrs. Jackson. I don't think we could have given her a more meaningful gift from the heart.

Alie received my package today. It included the message cards and the basket, along with a prim Mother's Day Heart door hanger that is cross-stitched with a quotation for Mother's Day. They will be adding the six dozen long-stemmed red roses and all will be delivered to Mrs. Jackson tomorrow, in time for Mother's Day.

I will try to post a slide show of the Mother's Day Tribute and the Easter Eggstravaganza next week.

Next week, Tuesday, also begins our Father's Day Tribute to Mr. Jackson. I will post the information on Monday.

We will not have a formal fundraiser in July, but will come back strong in August for the one year anniversary of the MO Horse Heroes' accident.

Thank you again to all Fans of Barbaro who made this Tribute possible. You are simply the BEST !!!!

Rosemary

marygran

5/12/07

Thank YOU, Rosemary, for your tireless commitment to these worthy horses.  And thank you  to Rachel, Alie and the gang at KF for always being there when we need them.

Has it been one year already?  It's amazing to see just how far they have come!

Mary in MD   

Gannonrose

5/12/07

It will be in September. It seems like only yesterday we heard about that tragic accident. A lot has happened to them since then, some sad, most very joyous. It seems fitting that we celebrate Twister's life in the midst of all that tragedy. Happy endings do exist.

Rosemary

There are no words to describe Alie and Rachel. They always seem to know just what we need and when we need it. They are awesome !!!!!

5/12/07

hay rosemary    I am watching animal make- over on RFD TV  featuring our rescued horses .  They have come so far thanks to all the good care.. looking forward to the  fathers day project for Mr. Jackson    FOB  kjack
Msg 5 of 8 to GuestGuest 
In reply toRe: msg 4
Gannonrose

5/12/07

Hi,

I wish I got that channel. They are amazing animals. It is hard to believe it has been almost a year. Information on Mr. Jackson's Father's Day Tribute will be coming shortly.

Rosemary

In reply toRe: msg 5
Gannonrose

5/13/07

I received a phone call tonight from Rachel and she told me she was delivering the roses and basket with messages plus the prim heart door hanger to Mrs. Jackson Saturday evening.  There were three vases with two dozen roses in each vase. There were three different colors because Mrs. Jackson loves colorful flowers and her family room is very colorful. There were red roses, white roses and hot pink roses.

Rachel said she would take a picture of them and probably post it or send it to me and I will post it on Monday. I have a few more photos here and I also have a lot on Snap Fish. If you want to see them all, send me an email and I will send them back to you.

Thank you for making Mother's Day special for Mrs. Jackson by letting her know that we haven't forgotten the work we have to do in Barbaro's name.

Rosemary

marygran

5/13/07

And a very big thank you and Happy Mother's Day to you too, Rosemary!

Mary in MD

5/13/07

FANTABULOUS!