Al Jolson Forum

Hosted by AJrecs|www.jolson.org

Devoted to Al Jolson, the World's Greatest Entertainer, who was first on Broadway, Film, Radio, and the hearts of millions.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Al Jolson UK Festival 2017   General Discussion

Started Oct-21 by DCM10; 861 views.
DCM10

Oct-21

The 2017 Al Jolson UK Festival is up and running with a wonderful first night Jolson Social with many joining in to sing along with Jolson. DJ Mark Smith kept the night going with a mix of Jolson recordings from the early days all the way up to the 1940s. Alcohol of course played a big part in making the night go so well. 

Now need to set the room up for a midday start running through to midnight. 

In reply toRe: msg 1
DCM10

Oct-22

The Al Jolson UK Festival is over for another year. Check out the final presentation of the weekend featuring attendees at the event. 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AIPhOXQWVY0

David

In reply toRe: msg 2
RegReeve

Oct-23

Thanks, David.    It's great to see many old friends enjoying themselves.   I'm just sorry that I was unable to join in the fun this year.

In reply toRe: msg 1

David,

Congratulations on another successful year. Thank you for continuing to run the Bromley event!

Jan

DCM10

Oct-24

Part of the 2017 Al Jolson UK Festival included a presentation on my trips to both the birthplace of Al Jolson and also his final resting place in Los Angeles. The following link shows his final resting place in LA https://youtu.be/mnap5dgiOf0

Hope you enjoy

David

In reply toRe: msg 5
JolsonWGE

Oct-24

Beautiful that brought tears to my eyes. Thank you for posting

pbowers2

Oct-24

David,

Congrats on the recent UK Festival. I wish I had been able to attend. John Carter always does an impressive job on your program. I'd love to see a PDF of one or more of them made available as a download on this site or on FB.

Paul

DCM10

Oct-25

Paul

The programme  production is very expensive so sorry but I won’t be giving away free pdf files. I do however have some spare programmes which I have every intention of selling if anyone would like to purchase one. 

David

In reply toRe: msg 8
pbowers2

Oct-25

Thanks David,

I've been very impressed with the UK Festival programs that I've seen.They are valuable collectables. The immense cost of the festivals needs to be covered and of course, the printed programs are a source of that revenue. I hope you successfully sell out.

Thanks,

Paul

JolsonWGE

Nov-7

Are you going to post an online review of your Festival on the forum David? I  always enjoy reading about your Jolson functions.