Al Jolson Forum

Hosted by AJrecs|www.jolson.org

Devoted to Al Jolson, the World's Greatest Entertainer, who was first on Broadway, Film, Radio, and the hearts of millions.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Congressional Medal of Honor   General Discussion

Started Nov-22 by JolsonWGE; 283 views.
JolsonWGE

Nov-22

Just wondering what happened to the Congressional Medal of Honor that was awarded posthumously to Al Jolson. Is it now owned by the Jolson estate, members of the Jolson family or is it owned by some lucky collector?

Anyone know of its whereabouts?

chris282

Nov-25

I seem to remember Barrie Anderton showing a medel off at Bromley many years ago. It was given to him by Erle so it may have been the one you’re asking about. 

Chris

JolsonWGE

Nov-26

I think it goes back further than the Bromley meetings. I remember that medal being shown at West Wickham but I don’t think it was the Congressional Medal Of Honor. 

KVNDV1

Dec-6

If it isn't with the family, the Congressional Medal of Merit is probably in Tennessee with the rest of the items bequeathed by Albert's estate.  I saw the Medal of Merit in 1990 when I met Albert in Nashville at his office.  It was under glass, and I remember pressing my nose up against it so I could get a REALLY good look at it.  Great memories.