Al Jolson Forum

Hosted by AJrecs|www.jolson.org

Devoted to Al Jolson, the World's Greatest Entertainer, who was first on Broadway, Film, Radio, and the hearts of millions.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Jolson Festival 2018   General Discussion

Started Sep-24 by JolsonWGE; 462 views.
In reply toRe: msg 2
JolsonWGE

Sep-25

Thank you for quick reply on 2018 location. Looks like Hartford is fairly close to New York, just 113 miles away. That could be interesting to visit.

There don't seem to be any direct flights from U.K. to Hartford so maybe a direct flight to New York followed by a train to Hartford would work.

I'm surprised that there is no direct flights from the U.K. Speak to David McCarthy, he might be of help. The good thing is, that the airport and hotel are connected, so you do not have to leave the airport to get to the hotel (You walk right in!) Hope to see you there!!!!

Jan

DCM10

Sep-25

JolsonWGE is probably right about there being no 'direct' flights from the U.K. Jan. I've been looking at flights from London Airports and they seem to require a change of flight in Dublin. I think it's the same from Northern Airports but not sure. 

David

In reply toRe: msg 6

I still think the easiest plan is to go to the Hartford airport, even if you have to switch planes

JonSonneborn

Sep-26

Here's some good news!  You CAN get a flight from the UK to Hartford (with a change of planes in Dublin) on Aer Lingus.  And the festival will be held at a very nice hotel IN THE AIRPORT!!  (You don't even have to take a shuttle...the four star hotel is in the terminal).

We've got some nice surprises planned!

Will you be at Bromley next month?  If so, I'll fill you in on some of the stuff we have planned.

Jon Sonneborn

DCM10

Sep-26

Jan

Have to give some thought as to how best to travel to next year's Festival as I want to tie it in with a visit to either Boston or New York. Going to be looking at various options with advice from Jon when I see him next month. Maybe fly into Hartford and fly home from New York or the other way round. Will be looking at options and prices  more seriously in November/December.

David

In reply toRe: msg 6
JolsonWGE

Sep-27

That's what my searches turned up also, no direct flights to Hartford but having to fly into Ireland and change flights. I still think it might be better to fly direct to New York for a week then travel to Hartford for the Festival.  Is that what you intend doing?

DCM10

Sep-28

JolsonWGE said:

I still think it might be better to fly direct to New York for a week then travel to Hartford for the Festival.  Is that what you intend doing?

I've no idea what I'm doing yet. There are lots of options and I will look more seriously at them in November/December after I've spoken to Jon Sonneborn at the Bromley Jolson Festival next month.

David

JolsonWGE

Oct-1

Thank you for the informatio Jon. So far I've found Aer Lingus flights to be very expensive, and Davids thoughts (msg 9) of flying into one airport and coming back from another is also working out expensive. I'll keep on looking at different options before making a firm decision.