General II -  No Flu vaccines- Jesus has you covered! (287 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: All  (1 of 38) 

Another outright idiot with the god/jesus idiocy!

Gloria Copeland sounds just like her husband, who once told our military servicemen and women that they can prevent PTSD or cure it simply by converting to Christianity and believing in God.

An evangelical preacher demonstrated why Americans are more at risk of getting sick with the flu.

Doctors recommend that children and the elderly get flu shots every year because they are the most vulnerable members of the population to getting sick.

But Gloria Copeland, an evangelical prosperity gospel con artist whose church is based in Texas, told members of her congregation this week that they don’t need to get the shots because Jesus already took the shot for them.

“Listen, partners, we don’t have a flu season,” Copeland declared. “And don’t receive it when somebody threatens you with, ‘Everybody is getting the flu.’ We’ve already had our shot, He bore our sicknesses and carried our diseases. That’s what we stand on.”

Then she said a prayer for those with the flu and pretended that she has the power to magically cure people afflicted with it.

“Flu, I bind you off the people in the name of Jesus,” Copeland continued. “Jesus himself gave us the flu shot, He redeemed us from the curse of flu. And we receive and we take and we are healed. Just keep saying ‘I’ll never have the flu.’ Inoculate yourself with the word of God.”

Here’s the video via YouTube.

https://bluestatedaily.com/evangelical-flu-shot-jesus-got-one-us/

Reply   Options 

To: All  (2 of 38) 
 34045.2 in reply to 34045.1 

So anyway, he has the flu covered, so what about more serious illnesses, cancer, diabetes, AIDS, etc.?

Seriously, you have to laugh at these moronic idiots and their "god/jesus" claims! Eesssh!

To: SQUADDYB DelphiPlus Member Icon  (3 of 38) 
 34045.3 in reply to 34045.2 

I kinda enjoy reading those Chrissy Medieval Flashbacks. Then reality sets in and I think of all those poor kids denied vaccines, proper health care, and sane parents.

From: Bike (URALTOURIST1) DelphiPlus Member Icon11/2/18 13:30 
To: SQUADDYB DelphiPlus Member Icon  (4 of 38) 
 34045.4 in reply to 34045.1 

Don't blame Christianity for the foibles of panderers of the Word for PROFIT.  I have great suspicion for any obvious demagogue, religious, secular or any combination thereof.

Warren

USCG Engineer 1961-1982

To: shibumiMC  (5 of 38) 
 34045.5 in reply to 34045.3 

Then reality sets in and I think of all those poor kids denied vaccines, proper health care, and sane parents.<<

Absolutely! It is very, very difficult to be a fan of the American healthcare system as it stands!

To: Bike (URALTOURIST1) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (6 of 38) 
 34045.6 in reply to 34045.4 

The vacuous, er, I mean the anti-vaxxers, are religion based. And in religion in the USA means chrissy fundamentalism.

To: Bike (URALTOURIST1) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (7 of 38) 
 34045.7 in reply to 34045.4 

It is not so much blaming Christianity per se but blaming some of the nincompoops that follow it!

From: Bike (URALTOURIST1) DelphiPlus Member Icon12/2/18 7:36 
To: shibumiMC  (8 of 38) 
 34045.8 in reply to 34045.6 

Not nearly all anti-vax nuts are fundamentalists, some are back to nature hippie types that insist on not damaging the one-ness with nature of an uncontaminated lifestyle.

Warren

USCG Engineer 1961-1982

To: SQUADDYB DelphiPlus Member Icon  (9 of 38) 
 34045.9 in reply to 34045.7 

I don't go there - I blame the institution - the cause of the problem.

To: SQUADDYB DelphiPlus Member Icon  (10 of 38) 
 34045.10 in reply to 34045.7 

"... but blaming some of the nincompoops..."

Blaming some people for being stupid? How do you pick them out?

Start here:

"A New York elementary school was forced to cancel its father-daughter dance to adhere to new policies calling for “gender neutral” events."

Navigate this discussion: 1-10 11-20 21-30 31-38
Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.