The Socially-Engaged Human -  Macron and Age-Discrepant Unions (59 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: Lionheart16 DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostMay-16 12:14 PM 
To: All  (1 of 2) 

Apparently, the age gap between the new French president and his wife has become the "talk of the town" in the last two days. I am not sure if it is because Macron's political enemies want a chance to attack him and his family. But this aspect of the French president's private life is interesting in several ways. First, it is an age-discrepant marriage, with the woman older than the man by 24 years. Second, the couple met when Mr. Macron was only 15 years old and Brigitte Macron was his teacher. In the US, teachers have been sent to prison for having sexual relationships with underage students. I remember the case of Mary Kay Letourneau, which is very similar to this case. Mary Kay was jailed and public humiliated for many years. The fact that Brigitte Macron did not meet such fate seems to indicate that the French are a little bit more relaxed and understanding about such matters.

We had our monthly Buddhist meeting yesterday and decided to use this as a way to open a discussion on sexual relationships in the 21st century. I know that Buddha was not exactly a puritan and he did not condemn prostitution or sex work. In the Buddhist precepts, there is prohibition against "sexual misconduct." It would be interesting to reflect on what exactly constitutes "sexual misconduct" in this modern age.

To continue: Age-Discrepant

Reply   Options 

To: Lionheart16 DelphiPlus Member Icon  (2 of 2) 
 17258.2 in reply to 17258.1 

France is so very different from the USA. No Puritans in France....Arf!

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.