Business/ Technology News -  Sam's Club closes hundreds of stores (126 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: Wee Shorty McNaughty (TOILETHEA1) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostJan-11 3:47 PM 
To: All  (1 of 16) 

Sam's Club reportedly closes hundreds of stores, gives some employees no notice

Retail juggernaut Walmart is closing hundreds of Sam's Club stores across the country, local media outlets reported Thursday.

According to some social media accounts, the wholesale chain gave some employees affected little or no notice.

To: Wee Shorty McNaughty (TOILETHEA1) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (2 of 16) 
 5389.2 in reply to 5389.1 

why would Walmart riding the crest of the wave in retail be stirring up the water...

I was watching this documentary of Gary Ind and how years ago they were the "City of the Century"...US Steel pulled out and took a bunch of Big Spenders with them ...now just an empty city with closed up stores ...beyond repair houses and businesses and crime....

but actually just a big version of small town main st...with it's empty,dilapidated store fronts and little or no employment except working in a convenience store....

Reply   Options 

From: Wee Shorty McNaughty (TOILETHEA1) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostJan-12 12:54 PM 
To: vilibro311  (3 of 16) 
 5389.3 in reply to 5389.2 

The rise and fall of our cities and towns... pathetic

To: Wee Shorty McNaughty (TOILETHEA1) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (4 of 16) 
 5389.4 in reply to 5389.3 

Nobody seems to care about anybody anymore....

Locking people out of their jobs...we get so much coverage with the news and people with  cameras as  part of their cell phones and other devices...it's next to impossible to have an event which doesnt have a visual record..but....these politicians will still maintain "I never said that"..."I didnt mean that"...and lie with such a straight face that the guy with the camera is the bad guy....

From: Wee Shorty McNaughty (TOILETHEA1) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostJan-13 2:18 PM 
To: vilibro311  (5 of 16) 
 5389.5 in reply to 5389.4 

They don't realize that camaras don't lie

To: Wee Shorty McNaughty (TOILETHEA1) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (6 of 16) 
 5389.6 in reply to 5389.5 

and today they have more devices that have cameras as part of their function and I'm not surprised at the places they can hide them....

and...it's not just something where you would have to be an electronic scientist...in fact it seems the younger you are ,the more proficient and experienced you become on these gadgets... 

From: Wee Shorty McNaughty (TOILETHEA1) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostJan-14 1:44 PM 
To: vilibro311  (7 of 16) 
 5389.7 in reply to 5389.6 

I've noticed that, some are really good with them!

From: HWPeeler (HPeeler) DelphiPlus Member IconJan-14 9:10 PM 
To: Wee Shorty McNaughty (TOILETHEA1) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (8 of 16) 
 5389.8 in reply to 5389.1 

Amazon is to blame. They took in about 44% of the e-commerce market. How can Sam's Club compete? Is there anything you can't buy from Amazon?

To: Wee Shorty McNaughty (TOILETHEA1) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (9 of 16) 
 5389.9 in reply to 5389.7 

I was watching my granddaughter playing with her "tablet" and I took touch typing in high school and was a teletype operator for years and she was typing faster with with her thumb than I ever could ....of course,she's younger and more apt to hit the target key than I can!!!!

From: Wee Shorty McNaughty (TOILETHEA1) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostJan-15 2:05 PM 
To: HWPeeler (HPeeler) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (10 of 16) 
 5389.10 in reply to 5389.8 

If Amazon doesn't have it, I've never found it!

Personally, I don't even go to Sam's Club or Costco, for only one person, bulk shopping isn't worth it, at least for me

Navigate this discussion: 1-10 11-16
Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.