Business/ Technology News -  Last Sears in Chicago to close (347 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: Wee Shorty McNaughty (TOILETHEA1) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostApr-12 2:06 PM 
To: All  (1 of 46) 

End of an era: Last Chicago Sears store to close

Sears Holdings announced Wednesday that the last Sears store in Chicago will close in mid-July.

The Sears Auto Center adjacent to the store will close in mid-May.

The liquidation sale will begin on April 27.

The company said the building was among the 265 properties it sold to Seritage Growth Properties in 2015 in a sale lease-back transaction. According to a statement from Sears Holdings, Seritage has decided to take back the location.

Located in the 4700 block of West Irving Park Road on the northwest side, the store served as an anchor for the once-bustling Six Corners shopping district when it opened on October 20, 1938.

http://abc7chicago.com/business/end-of-an-era-last-chicago-sears-store-to-close/3332767/

photo milkcshorty.gif

To: Wee Shorty McNaughty (TOILETHEA1) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (2 of 46) 
 5476.2 in reply to 5476.1 

these American merchandise ICONS ...just seem to slip away into the shadows....when I was a kid in the 1940s any time my father had to go  to a city  he always headed for the Sears...to buy just about anything he wanted...always the Car Insurance...i live in Small Town America now...and so much we took for granted is gone!!!...grocery stores,hardware stores,bars,drug stores with soda fountains and ice cream cones...gone!!!

seems  everybody drives now ...and more practical and less expensive to drive a few miles to one  of  these Malls with their major discount stores ,some the size of Grand Central Station,where you can buy anything,including the hardware and pharmacies departments...

Reply   Options 

From: Wee Shorty McNaughty (TOILETHEA1) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostMay-11 2:23 PM 
To: vilibro311  (3 of 46) 
 5476.3 in reply to 5476.2 

I personally could not live in a small town, I am dependent on public transit to get around as I don't drive anymore.  Some days I can walk up to half a mile one way,  other days I hurt too much to do that.

It's sad all these mega stores have put most mom and pop places out of business.

photo SHORTYCLOWN3.jpg

To: Wee Shorty McNaughty (TOILETHEA1) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (4 of 46) 
 5476.4 in reply to 5476.3 

Truthfully...i liked the city...I lived out on Long Island and belonged to Motorcycle Club in Queens back in the 1950s....and  where I lived had mass buses and trains..and taxis....and a lot of stores.....but in the city there was so much to do....noisy or course, but all places are noisy now!!!

From: Wee Shorty McNaughty (TOILETHEA1) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostMay-12 1:22 PM 
To: vilibro311  (5 of 46) 
 5476.5 in reply to 5476.4 

You really can't get away from all that noise anymore, unless you go way out into the middle of nowhere...

photo SHORTYCLOWN3.jpg

To: Wee Shorty McNaughty (TOILETHEA1) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (6 of 46) 
 5476.6 in reply to 5476.5 

I dont know if out in the country is a solution....there are a lot of Trackter trailers ,overloaded freight trains blasting along...

I remember a few years ago there was a big "noise pollution" problem with all sorts of unrealistic solutions...

evidently that amounted to nothing...unecessary horn blowing and a cop would poke his nightstick in our motorcycle mufflers to make sure we didnt  take the baffles out...now all these cars when you lock them the horn blows...and the motorcycles dont even play the game anymore..just blasting away...

To: Wee Shorty McNaughty (TOILETHEA1) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (7 of 46) 
 5476.7 in reply to 5476.5 

here in NY we have a  problem with Government Pollution and an outdated justice system......

they convicted again...Mr Sheldon Silver ,previously convicted and sentenced to 12 years but overturned by the US Supreme Court because they couldnt find an "acceptable" Constitutional definition of Government Fraud  and Corruption...let's see what happens this time...

and the state AG is on the way out...and since the turn of the century we've had over 30 government officials who were removed or made sudden departure from office...over twelve were convicted,one even skimmed Little League Contributions....

From: Wee Shorty McNaughty (TOILETHEA1) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostMay-13 2:58 PM 
To: vilibro311  (8 of 46) 
 5476.8 in reply to 5476.6 

Some motorcyles are beyond noise, some I can hear blocks away!  There is no need IMO for that, same with some cars and pickups.

photo SHORTYCLOWN3.jpg

From: Wee Shorty McNaughty (TOILETHEA1) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostMay-13 2:59 PM 
To: vilibro311  (9 of 46) 
 5476.9 in reply to 5476.7 

I'll be surprised if he does go to jail and serve any time,  I hope he does!

I heard about this, made the news here too...  

photo SHORTYCLOWN3.jpg

To: Wee Shorty McNaughty (TOILETHEA1) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (10 of 46) 
 5476.10 in reply to 5476.9 

I'm disappointed with the justice  system anyway...

it's centuries out of date...a trial is more in line with a sporting event...

which lawyer can put on the best show...not if justice is served!!!

it's like when they put these Power criminals on trtial...you're the bad guy,not them...because you should be more

concerned about wasting peoples time and money because they are going to Walk anyway!!!

Navigate this discussion: 1-10 11-20 21-30 31-40 41-46
Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.