News and Current Events -  Barbara Bush in failing health (46 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: Wee Shorty McNaughty (TOILETHEA1) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostApr-15 2:28 PM 
To: All  (1 of 4) 

Barbara Bush in failing health

Former first lady Barbara Bush is in failing health, a source close to the Bush family tells CNN.

At 92 years old, Bush has been suffering for some time and has been in and out of the hospital multiple times in the last year while battling with Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease, or COPD, and congestive heart failure.
The source said she is being cared for at her home in Houston and has decided she does not want to go back into the hospital.
The office of former President George H. W. Bush released a statement, confirming after a "recent series of hospitalizations," she has decided against seeking additional medical help.
"It will not surprise those who know her that Barbara Bush has been a rock in the face of her failing health, worrying not for herself — thanks to her abiding faith — but for others. She is surrounded by a family she adores, and appreciates the many kind messages and especially the prayers she is receiving," the statement continued.
The Bushes have been married for 73 years.
Bush is the only living wife of one former President and the mother of another former President.
photo shortytoilettree.gif

From: Bike (URALTOURIST1) DelphiPlus Member IconApr-17 4:47 PM 
To: Wee Shorty McNaughty (TOILETHEA1) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (2 of 4) 
 5479.2 in reply to 5479.1 

Barbara deserves praise and admiration for having the courage and the support of a strong family to realize that life is a continuum and it has a logical and inevitable end.  Some families are SO selfish in that they will not allow a person to peacefully pass from the present to the future, forcing them to suffer the indignities of involuntary medical abuse while "saving" them from the inevitable in end of life scenarios.

Ever been to a Code Blue event where clothes are ripped off the 98 year old little old lady? the patient is tossed about like a dummy as tubes are inserted, electrodes placed, electrocution (of a sort) is done, physical assault of chest compressions and more.

As a former Critical Care RN, I often felt terrible in participating in these barbaric rituals of life extension, to Hell with cost, comfort or quality of life.  Families need end of life counseling when a family member approaches extremis situations so as to avoid the torture of that very ill family member and any others in the family that cannot let go.

Warren

USCG Engineer 1961-1982

Reply   Options 

To: Bike (URALTOURIST1) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (3 of 4) 
 5479.3 in reply to 5479.2 

Barbara died peacefully today,,,,as she wished...

From: Wee Shorty McNaughty (TOILETHEA1) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostApr-17 9:25 PM 
To: Bike (URALTOURIST1) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (4 of 4) 
 5479.4 in reply to 5479.2 

I'm about to post the story, Barbara passed today.  

She was my favorite First Lady; her humor, her grace, her personality,  we need more like her.

I couldn't dream of being handled like that.   Politics aside, in this case, my heart goes to  her family.  

photo shortytoilettree.gif

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.