Business/ Technology News -  Mattress Firm files Chapter 11 (44 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: Older then dinosaur Shorty (TOILETHEA1) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostOct-6 12:40 PM 
To: All  (1 of 3) 

Is your Mattress Firm store closing after Chapter 11 bankruptcy filing? See the list here

Here's the list of Mattress Firm locations expected to close within days, according to court filings.

Mattress Firm plans to close up to 700 stores as part of its Chapter 11 bankruptcy, including more than 200 within days.

The nation's largest mattress retailer said in a court filing that it will not conduct typical liquidation sales, where customers might otherwise score a going-out-of-business deal.  

Instead, it will transfer mattresses to other stores, warehouses or distribution centers, or could "decide to abandon" showroom products altogether, according to a court filing.

After a major acquisition spree in recent years, the chain has 3,230 company-owned stores and another 125 franchised locations. It has nearly 10,000 employees.

The company expects to stay in business despite significant challenges, including sales declines and competition from bed-in-a-box online sellers like Casper and Leesa.

Here's the list of more than Mattress Firm locations expected to close within days and be vacated entirely by the end of the month, according to court filings:   

https://www.kare11.com/article/news/nation-world/is-your-mattress-firm-store-closing-after-chapter-11-bankruptcy-filing-see-the-list-here/89-601316620?utm_campaign=trueAnthem:+Trending+Content&utm_content=5bb8e31804d30110d3f2008f&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=twitter

To: Older then dinosaur Shorty (TOILETHEA1) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (2 of 3) 
 5608.2 in reply to 5608.1 

The closing of Mattress Firm was a surprise. I guess the company wasn't keeping its eye on the TV and Shopping channel where it had to see those 'upstarts' invading what it thought was a sure thing.  

I'm betting that the Sleep Number company is watching the explosion of "newbies' into the mattress business and quivering in its corporate boots.  Way, way overpriced and not for the 'technically-challenged' from what I've heard from owners.

As for those Bed in a Box mattresses:  I think it's rather telling that the tv ads show the product but they do NOT show a king-sized or any size mattress being pulled from that box.  Just imagine not liking the thing and having to put it BACK in the box for pick-up if you will.   

Reply   Options 

From: Older then dinosaur Shorty (TOILETHEA1) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostOct-9 11:34 AM 
To: jra2750 unread  (3 of 3) 
 5608.3 in reply to 5608.2 

It's a shame, I like Mattress Firm,  I got my bed from them and I was very pleased with the service and happy with my bed

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.