News and Current Events -  Tax day pushed back to July (245 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: Gimmie Chocolate Shorty (TOILETHEA1) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostMar-20 10:41 AM 
To: All  (1 of 56) 

Tax Day postponed until July 15, Mnuchin says

Tax Day is being pushed back until July while the nation copes with the effects of the coronavirus, Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin announced Friday.

"At @realDonaldTrump’s direction, we are moving Tax Day from April 15 to July 15. All taxpayers and businesses will have this additional time to file and make payments without interest or penalties," Mnuchin said in a pair of tweets.

"I encourage all taxpayers who may have tax refunds to file now to get your money."

From: krathyn4 (Phantom7031) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostMar-20 6:22 PM 
To: Gimmie Chocolate Shorty (TOILETHEA1) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (2 of 56) 
 6186.2 in reply to 6186.1 

I knew it was coming.

Now about state and local taxes/deadlines/did I read that each state was going to have to decide for itself?

Reply   Options 

From: Gimmie Chocolate Shorty (TOILETHEA1) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostMar-20 7:29 PM 
To: krathyn4 (Phantom7031) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (3 of 56) 
 6186.3 in reply to 6186.2 

States will do their own tax rules.

From: krathyn4 (Phantom7031) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostMar-20 9:49 PM 
To: Gimmie Chocolate Shorty (TOILETHEA1) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (4 of 56) 
 6186.4 in reply to 6186.3 

we have a local tax too that i  just got my bill for

From: Gimmie Chocolate Shorty (TOILETHEA1) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostMar-21 8:09 AM 
To: krathyn4 (Phantom7031) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (5 of 56) 
 6186.5 in reply to 6186.4 

Drat. Portland is tax happy.

From: krathyn4 (Phantom7031) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostMar-21 4:36 PM 
To: Gimmie Chocolate Shorty (TOILETHEA1) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (6 of 56) 
 6186.6 in reply to 6186.5 

I will pay my I tax and my credit card bill minor payment together this afternoon, mail them later with Susie when we take our walk.
Yes, Portland is tax happy. 
Haven't heard any change in when the State income tax is due either.

With most businesses closed and most people not working, how do they expect to get all this money from people with no income?

Will my fixed income be able to take care of everything?

From: Gimmie Chocolate Shorty (TOILETHEA1) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostMar-21 5:23 PM 
To: krathyn4 (Phantom7031) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (7 of 56) 
 6186.7 in reply to 6186.6 

It's an insane world with every state doing things so differently. 

They do need to put the tax date back.

From: krathyn4 (Phantom7031) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostMar-21 5:53 PM 
To: Gimmie Chocolate Shorty (TOILETHEA1) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (8 of 56) 
 6186.8 in reply to 6186.7 

i just paid mine. I tried to check my bank balance over the phone and they wouldn't accept my PIN>

From: Gimmie Chocolate Shorty (TOILETHEA1) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostMar-21 6:30 PM 
To: krathyn4 (Phantom7031) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (9 of 56) 
 6186.9 in reply to 6186.8 

That makes sense, for your security.  Was it an automated thingy or a live person?

From: krathyn4 (Phantom7031) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostMar-21 11:56 PM 
To: Gimmie Chocolate Shorty (TOILETHEA1) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (10 of 56) 
 6186.10 in reply to 6186.9 

automated over the phone. I had the option of calling a live person, and the wait time was 30 min. As I was expecting Susie, I didn't have that kind of time. 

I did my best estimates of what I had based on the last time I got my balance, subtracting the bills I paid today, and my best estimate what I will have at the end of the month by subtracting.

It looks like I will be able to pay for the things I need and not need to pull money out of savings. Which I cannot do without the bank recognizing my PIN.

Navigate this discussion: 1-10 11-20 21-30 31-40 41-50 51-56
Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.