MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Where do you go to meet your significant other?

Started 4/15/18 by HWPeeler (HPeeler); 257 views.
HWPeeler (HPeeler)

4/15/18

How did it work out for you?

Bars, night clubs?

Work?

College?

Friends?

Bike (URALTOURIST1)

4/17/18

Never found anyone willing to support me in the style to which I would like to become used to hence no spouse or S.O. present now or at any time.

In reply toRe: msg 1
fabul0us

5/2/18

Which one?

laughing

HWPeeler (HPeeler)

5/2/18

Super if you have more than one.

olddaddy

5/9/18

My answer is none of the above. I dated about 40 women from different situations and dodged some real losers.

I found my lady on Match.com. This enabled me to find someone of interest. We had similar interest and desired traits. Our heritage was almost perfect point for point match. We dated exclusively for three years before I proposed. For me this was the right move.

Some of the others did not mention that they had children, disabled parent living with them, just got out of rehab for alcohol while she was drinking a "Black Russian" etc.

Several started talking about marriage at first sight,(I'm not handsome) Some got up and left the minute I mentioned prenuptial agreements.  

Letting the computer sift and sort worked out pretty well.

HWPeeler (HPeeler)

5/9/18

I met my wife through a friend. He had a bike wreck. She stopped to help him. About a year later they got married and I was best man at their wedding. About a year later they got divorced and I served him the divorce papers. A year after that her and I got married. No "dating" required.

We found out we both read books by the same author. She had half the collection. I had the other half. An off-the-wall author, Alice A. Bailey. Not something you find popular.