MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

600,000 hunters in Wisconsin?

Started May-15 by HWPeeler (HPeeler); 186 views.
HWPeeler (HPeeler)

May-15

So, in a state of maybe 6,000,000 one in ten has an actual need for a gun? Do any of these hunters hunt with an AR-15 style rifle? So some keep weapons of war just in case there is a tyrant elected? Let's see ... the Republicans thought Obama was a tyrant. The Democrats think Trump is a tyrant. These are the best people these parties have to put forth? Yep, we need to keep big guns just in case.

Dee (DLAINEDEE)

May-16

Yes we do, and it is our right to.  AR just stands for Armalite rifle.  It is just a cool looking rifle.  It is not an automatic, but a semi-automatic.  Meaning you still have to pull the trigger each time.  Law-abiding citizens should never have their rights taken away because of some nut case.  We are always going to have crazy people in our country.  Law-abiding citizens don't commit murder.  And if you take notice, the only places these horrible crimes happen at is in gun free zones.

The only way to disarm the law-abiding citizens in this country would be to send in a foreign army, the UN army, and turn our streets into a blood bath.  Is that what the anti-2nd Amendment people want?

HWPeeler (HPeeler)

May-16

What the anti-2nd people want is fewer deaths from guns. They see it as their right to live versus our right to own guns. A constitutional conflict. Both rights are in there.

Dee (DLAINEDEE)

May-16

My right to defend myself trumps their right to ask a criminal to please have a seat while they call 911.  And I'm not into grabbing a baseball bat when a criminal threatens me with a gun.  A criminal is also anti-2nd.  Most all gun crimes are in gun free zones, and that includes cities that have outlawed their citizens to own a fire arm.  Those cities are usually hell holes, and the murder rate is out the box.  Home invasions is out the box in those cities, also.

We will always have crazy, insane people, but you don't take away the rights of law-abiding citizens, because of a crazy person.  I am serious when I say, it will be a civil war, once they decide to come after our guns.  Most of our military is aware that they might try, they are on the side of the Constitution.  So our government, the ones that are anti-Constitution, will have to bring in a foreign army.  And, that is exactly what they have talked about doing.

Since law-abiding citizens don't commit crimes, I believe the 2nd Amendment should stand as is.

HWPeeler (HPeeler)

May-16

"They" will have to bring in a very large foreign army to take our guns away. I can't see this happening.

I think it starts with background checks with no meaningful background investigation. They only want to know who has guns and what kind. The "background check" is easy to sell to the public.

In reality this will not kee0p guns out of the hands of criminals.

Dee (DLAINEDEE)

May-16

Right, criminals will not apply for a background check, nor turn in their weapons.  So we are back to square one.  Law-abiding citizens will never commit a crime, therefore, the government has no right to know what a law-abiding American citizen owns.  It really is none of their business.  Background checks, bans and more laws against the right to defend oneself and family, will never work.  Criminals don't care about laws.

I don't think it's right, and it's against our Constitution, to punish good people because of a few bad people.  I for one, will never give up my right to protect myself, and most of all, my family.

HWPeeler (HPeeler)

May-16

Yep.

But just not the whole picture.

Do we just do nothing about the mass killings?

Bike (URALTOURIST1)

May-23

We need parents to be parents, not just keepers of the keys to the house and payer of bills.

At present, half of kids have no real parent figure, either due to no spouse or too much work or, finally, the family adult is just too damned lazy to parent.  These, combined with the Dr Spock approach of not disciplining kids as it might suppress or harm their egos has resulted in a generation of uninhibited if it feels good, do it, kids.  With no responsible parent or example figures in their lives, they simply do not know what is good or bad, evil or proper.  This results in kids acting out by killing and destroying anything they do not understand or whoever or whatever irritates them.  Girl of interest kisses the wrong guy?  Shoot her and her friends, that'll show 'em.

And so on.  With no foundation for societal values, this is what we get, we made it, now the problem is to fix it.

HWPeeler (HPeeler)

May-23

That and no user's manual for kids.