US Politics -  Flynn pleads guilty to lying to the FBI (182 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: YWN666 DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostDec-1 11:48 AM 
To: All  (1 of 15) 

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/12/michael-flynn-is-charged-with-lying-to-the-fbi/547244/

Michael Flynn Pleads Guilty to Lying to the FBI

The former national-security adviser is the fourth Trump-campaign official to be charged in Robert Mueller’s inquiry into Russian interference in the 2016 election.

Michael Flynn, the former national-security adviser, said he is cooperating with Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s wide-ranging investigation after pleading guilty on Friday to making false statements to the FBI about his contacts with Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak.

“My guilty plea and agreement to cooperate with the Special Counsel’s Office reflect a decision I made in the best interests of my family and of our country,” the retired lieutenant general said in a statement Friday. “I accept full responsibility for my actions.”

Flynn’s statement came after he entered a guilty plea in a D.C. federal courthouse to one charge of lying to federal investigators earlier this year. “On or about January 24, 2017, defendant Michael T. Flynn did willfully and knowingly make materially false, fictitious, and fraudulent statements and representations in a matter within the jurisdiction of the executive branch of the Government of the United States,” a federal court filing by the special counsel’s office said.

Host of *Your Mileage May Vary

Reply   Options 

From: YWN666 DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostDec-1 11:48 AM 
To: All  (2 of 15) 
 4889.2 in reply to 4889.1 

The question now is whether he will make a deal to save his own hide and throw Trump under the bus.

From: YWN666 DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostDec-1 11:56 AM 
To: All  (3 of 15) 
 4889.3 in reply to 4889.2 

This is getting interesting.....

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/michael-flynn-to-testify-that-trump-asked-him-to-make-contact-with-russians-report/article/2642282

Michael Flynn to testify that Trump asked him to make contact with Russians: Report

Former national security adviser Michael Flynn is reportedly planning to testify against President Trump and members of his family and intends to say then-candidate Trump told him to make contact with Russians, according to a report.

ABC News reported that Flynn, who was charged with one count of lying to the FBI about his contacts with the Russian ambassador, promised to cooperate fully with special counsel Robert Mueller, who is overseeing the probe into Russian meddling in the 2016 election.

Flynn, who served as Trump’s national security adviser, also intends to testify against the president, members of his family, and others working in the White House, a source close to Flynn told ABC News.

Flynn appeared in court Friday and in his guilty plea, admitted members of the Trump transition team directed his communications with Russian officials, according to the Associated Press.

The former national security adviser is reportedly “distraught” about his decision to cooperate with Mueller, a decision he made within the last 24 hours, but feels he is acting in the best interest of the country. Flynn is facing legal bills topping $1 million stemming from the investigation, according to ABC News.

From: B-17 Girl (Collinwood11) DelphiPlus Member IconDec-1 1:54 PM 
To: YWN666 DelphiPlus Member Icon  (4 of 15) 
 4889.4 in reply to 4889.2 
I'd be fine with that!

To: YWN666 DelphiPlus Member Icon  (5 of 15) 
 4889.5 in reply to 4889.3 

Everyone seems to be distancing themselves from Flynn.

I think he's the one already under the bus.

Now he's just being dragged.

From: YWN666 DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostDec-2 11:04 AM 
To: Jenifer (Zarknorph)  (6 of 15) 
 4889.6 in reply to 4889.5 

But he knows things.  They would not have given him the plea deal if he didn't have anything of value to the investigation.

To: YWN666 DelphiPlus Member Icon  (7 of 15) 
 4889.7 in reply to 4889.6 

Oh he knows stuff, don't forget he was a high ranking military intelligence officer, if you want anyone to come over from the dark side, after they have seen the light... Flynn's your man.

From: YWN666 DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostDec-2 2:19 PM 
To: BlueManDude  (8 of 15) 
 4889.8 in reply to 4889.7 

They will try to play it down and call him just a "coffee boy" like they did with Manafort

To: YWN666 DelphiPlus Member Icon  (9 of 15) 
 4889.9 in reply to 4889.8 

Of course, they claimed yesterday that Flynn was of the Obama admin... meanwhile back at the twitter ranch, trump admitted obstructing justice today with this tweet... where he is now claiming he knew Flynn lied to the FBI and he fired him, that being if he knew, then asked Comey to lay off my friend Flynn....

WH Counsel McGahn also has some interesting exposure as well as he edited the Miller/Trump letter firing Comey, if they all knew Flynn lied to the FBI they in serious trouble, also Mueller has the original unedited letter.

I had to fire General Flynn because he lied to the Vice President and the FBI. He has pled guilty to those lies. It is a shame because his actions during the transition were lawful. There was nothing to hide!
- DJT

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/937007006526959618

From: B-17 Girl (Collinwood11) DelphiPlus Member IconDec-2 4:01 PM 
To: Jenifer (Zarknorph)  (10 of 15) 
 4889.10 in reply to 4889.5 
They're distancing themselves because they're trying to make it seem like they have no association with him.  He's singing like a fucking canary right now and I'm sure he is throwing the whole lot of them under the bus.  He cut a deal with Mueller I'm sure, I'm thinking even if he gets jail time it won't be much. 

Navigate this discussion: 1-10 11-15
Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.