US Politics -  Trump: "My nuclear button is bigger" (344 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: YWN666 DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostJan-3 6:34 AM 
To: All  (1 of 22) 

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-kim-jong-un_us_5a4c29a3e4b06d1621bb9328

Donald Trump Taunts Kim Jong Un: My Nuclear Button Is ‘Bigger’

And, the U.S. president tweets, “my Button works!”

President Donald Trump again challenged North Korean leader Kim Jong Un on Tuesday, boasting that the United States’ nuclear capabilities are “more powerful” than North Korea’s. 

Trump tweeted the taunt Tuesday evening:  

Donald J. Trump

North Korean Leader Kim Jong Un just stated that the “Nuclear Button is on his desk at all times.” Will someone from his depleted and food starved regime please inform him that I too have a Nuclear Button, but it is a much bigger & more powerful one than his, and my Button works!

Trump’s tweet comes one day after Kim warned the U.S. against threatening North Korea.

In his New Year’s address, Kim delivered a mixed message, indicating a possible rapprochement to South Korea, while lashing out at the United States..................

Host of *Your Mileage May Vary

Reply   Options 

From: YWN666 DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostJan-3 6:35 AM 
To: All  (2 of 22) 
 4940.2 in reply to 4940.1 

You've got to be kidding me.  I thought this was a satire but have confirmed that Trump actually said this.

From: Dan (DANCULBERSON) DelphiPlus Member IconJan-3 10:06 AM 
To: YWN666 DelphiPlus Member Icon  (3 of 22) 
 4940.3 in reply to 4940.2 

YWN666 said...

I thought this was a satire but have confirmed that Trump actually said this.

Will the man ever get over his obsession with compensating for his small hands?

From: YWN666 DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostJan-3 4:29 PM 
To: Dan (DANCULBERSON) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (4 of 22) 
 4940.4 in reply to 4940.3 

No, he is suffering from either narcissism and/or arrested development.  He acts like a 5 year old, complete with lies and temper tantrums.

From: YWN666 DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostJan-4 7:40 AM 
To: All  (5 of 22) 
 4940.5 in reply to 4940.1 

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/white-house/trump-s-nuclear-button-tweet-sparks-backlash-n834321

Trump’s ‘nuclear button’ tweet sparks backlash

WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump closed out one of his most prolific days on Twitter — 16 tweets in 24 hours — with a taunt aimed at North Korean leader Kim Jong Un Tuesday night.

Reacting to Kim's New Year's Day remarks in which he alluded to having a nuclear button at the ready, Trump asserted that his "Nuclear Button" is "much bigger & more powerful" than Kim's — "and my Button works!"

Republicans, like former chief White House ethics lawyer for President George W. Bush, Richard Painter, said the tweet was evidence of Trump's instability — and grounds for impeachment.

Painter lumped Trump together with the North Korean leader as "two psychologically unfit men crowing about their nukes ... Congress needs to deal with one of them and the U.N. Security Council needs to deal with the other."

Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., slammed Trump's "foreign policy by tweet" in remarks from the Senate floor Wednesday, while Democratic Congressman Eric Swalwell, D-Calif., invited his GOP colleagues to help check what he called "not normal behavior" from the president Tuesday night.

Message 6 of 22 was Deleted  

To: YWN666 DelphiPlus Member Icon  (7 of 22) 
 4940.7 in reply to 4940.1 

Quite apart from the wisdom or otherwise of his actions, Trump's way of expressing himself resonates with a lot of people who are sick & tired of pc cant.

From: YWN666 DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostJan-6 9:10 AM 
To: Ken (kjodwyer) unread  (8 of 22) 
 4940.8 in reply to 4940.7 

It's sad that those people want to be told that its OK to be rude, inconsiderate and racist.  Trump is nothing but a juvenile thug and is dangerous to this country.

From: YWN666 DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostJan-6 9:20 AM 
To: Ken (kjodwyer) unread  (9 of 22) 
 4940.9 in reply to 4940.7 

If you think Trump is fit for the job, then there is something wrong with you or you have blinders on.

From: YWN666 DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostJan-6 9:21 AM 
To: All  (10 of 22) 
 4940.10 in reply to 4940.9 

Navigate this discussion: 1-10 11-20 21-22
Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.