US Politics -  Trump: Democrats are treasonous (221 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: YWN666 DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host2/6/18 1:03 PM 
To: All  (1 of 16) 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2018/02/05/trump-blasts-treasonous-democrats-not-applauding-his-state-union-address/301962002/

Trump blasts 'treasonous' Democrats for not applauding at his State of the Union address

President Trump suggested Monday that Democrats who refused to applaud during his State of the Union address last week were traitors, turning a Cincinnati speech on tax reform into a campaign rally that promised to punish Democrats in congressional elections in November.

"They would rather see Trump do badly, OK, than our country do well," Trump said in an official visit to a suburban Cincinnati factory. "It got to the point that I didn’t really want to look too much on that side. It was bad energy."

Trump said the Democratic response to his speech was "like death" and "un-American."

"Somebody said 'treasonous.' I mean, yeah, I guess. Why not?" he said. "Can we call that treason? Why not. They certainly didn’t seem to love our country very much."

Democrats denounced the remark as an affront to free speech and accused Trump of "emulating autocrats."

Host of *Your Mileage May Vary

Reply   Options 

From: YWN666 DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host2/6/18 1:07 PM 
To: All  (2 of 16) 
 4996.2 in reply to 4996.1 

https://www.elitedaily.com/p/photos-of-trumps-vs-obamas-first-state-of-the-union-address-show-how-much-things-have-changed-8048096

Photos Of Trump's Vs. Obama's First State Of The Union Address Show How Much Things Have Changed

While it oftentimes seems like President Donald Trump has held his elected office for longer than just over a year, the fact remains that he gave the first official State of the Union address of his presidency on Tuesday night, Jan. 30. The State of the Union address has become an accepted tradition for sitting presidents, but while the tradition itself is a constant, the manner in which each president approaches it — and the circumstances surrounding him — can be vastly different. Case in point: these photos of Trump's versus Obama's first State of the Union address.

Eight years ago, former President Barack Obama stepped up to the podium in the chamber of the House of Representatives to deliver his first State of the Union address on Jan. 27, 2010, according to CNN. For clarification, Obama in 2009 (like Trump in 2017), spoke to a joint-session of Congress shortly after becoming president, but it's not an official State of the Union address when the newly-elected president has only held the office for such a short time. All eyes are on President Trump Tuesday night as he makes his first State of the Union address to a nation facing a multitude of increasingly divisive issues.

For comparison, let's journey back to 2010 and see what former President Obama faced in his first State of the Union address...............

From: B-17 Girl (Collinwood11) DelphiPlus Member Icon2/6/18 5:32 PM 
To: YWN666 DelphiPlus Member Icon  (3 of 16) 
 4996.3 in reply to 4996.1 

I didn't even watch the goddamn thing, maybe he'll flip me the bird when I walk past the white house at lunch time?  LOL

From: YWN666 DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host2/7/18 6:30 AM 
To: B-17 Girl (Collinwood11) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (4 of 16) 
 4996.4 in reply to 4996.3 

There are plenty of photos of Republicans not applauding at Obama's SOTU addresses.  The man doesn't know the difference between fact and fantasy.

From: Song~ (_Song_) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host2/7/18 7:19 PM 
To: YWN666 DelphiPlus Member Icon  (5 of 16) 
 4996.5 in reply to 4996.2 

I didn't watch it. I can't stand the sound of his voice much less look at an Oompa Loompa wannabe.

I did love love Sen. Duckworth's response though!

""We don't live in a dictatorship or a monarchy. I swore an oath—in the military and in the Senate—to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States, not to mindlessly cater to the whims of Cadet Bone Spurs and clap when he demands I clap,"

To: Song~ (_Song_) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (6 of 16) 
 4996.6 in reply to 4996.5 

Likewise - I can't stand to listen to him (or Hucka-boo-boo) and I get ill with El Trumpo's stupid hand gestures. And great - great - great makes my skin crawl.

From: YWN666 DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host2/11/18 10:27 AM 
To: shibumiMC  (7 of 16) 
 4996.7 in reply to 4996.6 

shibumiMC said...

I get ill with El Trumpo's stupid hand gestures. And great - great - great makes my skin crawl.

He makes it so easy for comedians to mock him.  "It's Tremennnnnndous - let me tell you and everybody knows it"

To: YWN666 DelphiPlus Member Icon  (8 of 16) 
 4996.8 in reply to 4996.7 

But all the (truly) great late night TV hosts are getting a bit tired running with Trump jokes. They're so easy. They don't demand an intellectual reach. And now, it's beyond funny. It's pathos. But it's also a national emergency. The world is watching the buffoon, and the world will seize the advantage (China already has).

From: Song~ (_Song_) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host2/11/18 5:57 PM 
To: shibumiMC  (9 of 16) 
 4996.9 in reply to 4996.6 
It's as though he uses all those idiotic hand gestures to draw away attention from the unintelligent, crude, juvenile, blustering that flows nonstop from his fingers and lips.

To: Song~ (_Song_) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (10 of 16) 
 4996.10 in reply to 4996.9 

I have no idea of the purpose of these machinations - but I am sure of one thing. He believes himself a brilliant orator.

Navigate this discussion: 1-10 11-16
Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.